Deep Cover (Laurence Fishburne 1992) Appreciation

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
So gather 'round as I run it down unravel my pedigree...Still one of my favorite flicks 23 years later and the last time Laurence was still cool azz Larry

hoodlum came out in 97 :ufdup:...this is definitely one of my favorite flicks tho, need it to get the bluray treatment asap

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Wasn't What's Love was his next major project right after this and then he started goin by Laurence after he got the Oscar...anyway I damn sho' got Hoodlum in the stacks too Bill Duke is way too slept on as a director

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Underrated crime flick... Jeff Goldbum was great in this flick as well kicking dudes out of moving cars and shyt.
hoodlum came out in 97 :ufdup:...this is definitely one of my favorite flicks tho, need it to get the bluray treatment asap

double entendre.. the guy used in the smiley is actually the guy who directed both movies. Bill Duke.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
One of the GOAT tunes also

Can't say nuthin bad 'bout this, except that when I saw the ad's for The Chronic I was xpectin the whole album to feel like this lol.. love the 187 remix with the hard piano and og verses

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I think Jeff Goldblum is usually a terrible actor, but he was actually good in this.
acquired taste would be more accurate have u seen the fly?

ps loved deep cover and always outnumbered, lawrence has a weird place in cinema history. He has a slew of great performances/impeccable vocals but not a particularly likeable presence. Could never keep a straight face at the toilet scene in deepcover :pachaha:

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Great movie, great performances. Fishburne puts in some amazing work. This scene right here is smart as hell, Duke needs more recognition for his directing work.