Death's Door [Xbox X/S, Xbox One, PC]

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Presentation and OST are A plus. The gameplay is pretty meh after playing Unsighted though. :yeshrug:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all with these duplicate threads man

Bought it on a whim off some tree last night. I’m not loving it, but I’m liking it enough to not wanna put it down, because I probably won’t be back if I do knowing me. I like a lot of what it has going on, my biggest thing is probably the lack of map, with the amount of backtracking it has. I’m getting to the point where I’m about to say fukk the backtracking just because I’ll get to the point I’d rather just die and spawn at the door again :russ:

I can’t say whether or not I’ll stick it through tbh, but I can see a real solid game. Combat is barebones but responsive I guess. Coulda spent 15 much worse
Solid game overall. Sticking by my map complaint, especially in the post-game (not dealing with it without it). Finished a little under 80% at about 7:30.

Grunts are repetitive with a new brute type introduced about every section.
Checkpoints are solid and there’s no penalty for dying. Soundtrack has a few real solid cuts. It’s no HK but I found a couple got stuck in my head in a good way

The underlying messages are more poignant than expected :ehh:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Finished the first level today, and wow :wow: I love it even a little bit more than I expected to.

Special note to the music which is AMAZING. First "real" boss (2nd overall) design and attacks were insanely good and original.

The mood of it and the 3D-isometric point of view reminds me of a MMORPG I spent a consequent amount of my pre-teenage years playing and thinking about.