"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The RJ situation is him transitioning from the number 2 guy to being the number 4 guy. The being the number 4 guy was so RJ could focus on being an elite defender but he’s struggling with this transition. At the end of the day he will figure it out but the only consistent we have is Julius Randle is still an all star and Derrick rose is probably the best bench player in the league. Have to get some stability with Obi, Kemba amd Quickley (who I’m most worried about).

Edit: Since I see these ATL posters here RJ >>> Cam and we know ATL is not paying Reddish and will seek to trade him at moments notice
It's a difficult transition. Hunter is struggling with it at the moment as well. Hunter is our 2nd best player but we went from him being our #2 to #4 with Bogi and Capela getting more touches. Collins is basically the #5 option but Collins basically operates within the scheme as always so he's not really better or worse for it, maybe better.

Reddish is not on the market. Just because a lot of teams want him doesn't mean shyt so cut out the bullshyt and just talk hoops.

Cam is better than R.J. On/Off Court Compare Traditional
Player Comparison: Cam Reddish vs. RJ Barrett | Stathead.com

fukk outta here with that bullshyt.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:mjlol: You’re a prisoner of the moment. Why the fukk he ain’t got his own team or atleast a robin to a Batman ? Why is he a backup on the magic of all teams? Why hasn’t a contender traded for him. This dude got banished to Orlando from Toronto and no one is looking fir his services. You always coming I here acting like you know about basketball more than anyone. This dude is like a poor mans JR smith:mjlol:
Prison of the moment? nikka, Ross has been like this. I've been talking about it for years. In fact, this might be his worse season but it just started so I'll give it time. I don't claim I know more than anyone but I know what I know and I speak on it. Ross is a proven professional scorer, he's different than someone like J.R. Smith who's a role player in the 3&D prototype even if he isn't great at either. Ross is a pro scorer. That's why he's best as a 6th man.

Players Touches

Players Touches

Last year
Players Touches

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
It's a difficult transition. Hunter is struggling with it at the moment as well. Hunter is our 2nd best player but we went from him being our #2 to #4 with Bogi and Capela getting more touches. Collins is basically the #5 option but Collins basically operates within the scheme as always so he's not really better or worse for it, maybe better.

Reddish is not on the market. Just because a lot of teams want him doesn't mean shyt so cut out the bullshyt and just talk hoops.

:dead: ATL was trying to trade Cam this off-season. Cam is a bench player who own training staff said he should be like RJ.

:dead: This comparison is such an insult to RJ

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way

fam did you just use a 3 game sample size to say he's better....when rj literally has 100+ games out performing cam at every single metric?????

What kinda coke they got where you at?

anyway... just like last year rj added a more consistent jumper to his game but the kinks didnt get worked out for a few weeks then we saw the end result of the work he put in....his catch and shoot numbers were excellent especially from the corners. (40+ percent and finished at 40 for the year.)
he put in work on his off the dribble shot. he has confidence in the shot which is why he takes several of them a game....and they arent falling now....I'm not sure how many times he's gonna prove yal wrong but the boy is a worker and it will figure itself out.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:dead: ATL was trying to trade Cam this off-season. Cam is a bench player who own training staff said he should be like RJ.

:dead: This comparison is such an insult to RJ
You listen to rumors too much. He's currently on the Hawks in a tremendous role after a tremendous playoff run v. MIL. If he was available, he wouldn't be getting much shine at all like Kevin Knox. They never said he should be like R.J. If I said, I want you to hustle for that ball like Gibson, I am not saying, for you to be Gibson. Come on son, stop shyt posting. I know you are a Knick fan and think you are standing up for your fanbase but you sound like a fukking idiot.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
You listen to rumors too much. He's currently on the Hawks in a tremendous role after a tremendous playoff run v. MIL. If he was available, he wouldn't be getting much shine at all like Kevin Knox. They never said he should be like R.J. If I said, I want you to hustle for that ball like Gibson, I am not saying, for you to be Gibson. Come on son, stop shyt posting. I know you are a Knick fan and think you are standing up for your fanbase but you sound like a fukking idiot.
:dead: You don’t got to lie Craig

Cam Reddish was available on the trade market at the trade deadline and around the draft, multiple NBA executives told HoopsHype. Heading into the season, rival executives are monitoring his availability.

“They always say he’s the most talented player on their roster, it’s just that he doesn’t always put it together,” one NBA executive told HoopsHype. “I’m not sure if he ever will. I like him. I think if he gets in the right situation, he could turn out to be a starting-level player because he can defend multiple positions and he can create any shot he wants. It’s just a matter of his mental approach and getting to the right situation where they know how to get the most out of him.”

“He fits the mold that teams have a need for right now,” another NBA executive told HoopsHype. “He’s a 6-foot-8 athletic and versatile player that can make shots. He can create with the ball. He’s got the skillset tools and size. Right now, he doesn’t have a good sample size of being consistent. It’s just been flashes. He’s definitely somebody I’d be going after.”

One of the executives who spoke with HoopsHype believes a team would be willing to give up a protected lottery pick for Reddish.

Reddish is owed $10.62 million combined into next season and is eligible for an $8.11 million qualifying offer in the summer of 2023 that would make him a restricted free agent.

:dead: We know Atlanta can’t pay all of their players and we know Hunter is getting the bag in the off-season.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
fam did you just use a 3 game sample size to say he's better....when rj literally has 100+ games out performing cam at every single metric?????

What kinda coke they got where you at?

anyway... just like last year rj added a more consistent jumper to his game but the kinks didnt get worked out for a few weeks then we saw the end result of the work he put in....his catch and shoot numbers were excellent especially from the corners. (40+ percent and finished at 40 for the year.)
he put in work on his off the dribble shot. he has confidence in the shot which is why he takes several of them a game....and they arent falling now....I'm not sure how many times he's gonna prove yal wrong but the boy is a worker and it will figure itself out.
Cam hasn't played 100 games yet. He's been fukking hurt for most of his career which is an issue. Something you have to give the nod to for R.J. who is generally always healthy and can play massive mins.

I don't know what you want. Cam when healthy is a monster. He proved that his rookie year from JAN 1st. He proved that against MIL in the playoffs last year and he's proving it this year.

He was our best player in the preseason last year till he got hurt v. MEM which lingered all season till he had the operation. What more do you want? When Cam is healthy, he's given us:

A. Terrific points per touch throughout his career when healthy.
B. High volume shooter with tremendous percentages.
C. He can get to the FT line.
D. Tremendous defensive movement like Danny Green although he lacks Green's discipline
C. He has tremendous defensive versatility like Ben Simmons where he uses his length exceptionally well but he doesn't have the strength or balance like Simmons which limits him in certain actions.

R.J. needs touches. Without them, he doesn't get a feel of the offensive game. Hunter has the same issue while being a much better shooter than Barrett. That's the difficulty of being so damn deep. R.J. has cleaned up a lot of his kinks but touches matter for his player type, it's easier said than done.

Cam is completely outperforming R.J. when he's been healthy:
Jan 1st on: On/Off Court Compare Traditional

Playoffs:
On/Off Court Compare Traditional

Make sure all of the chart filters is selected.

I can really break this shyt down for you if you having issues understanding this. I really just stay surface on thecoli because we all Black so I love you nikkas even my coli Knickas unlike the cacs on realgm but I can do my RealGM post that put nikkas to permanent sleep if I have to.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:dead: You don’t got to lie Craig

Cam Reddish was available on the trade market at the trade deadline and around the draft, multiple NBA executives told HoopsHype. Heading into the season, rival executives are monitoring his availability.

“They always say he’s the most talented player on their roster, it’s just that he doesn’t always put it together,” one NBA executive told HoopsHype. “I’m not sure if he ever will. I like him. I think if he gets in the right situation, he could turn out to be a starting-level player because he can defend multiple positions and he can create any shot he wants. It’s just a matter of his mental approach and getting to the right situation where they know how to get the most out of him.”

“He fits the mold that teams have a need for right now,” another NBA executive told HoopsHype. “He’s a 6-foot-8 athletic and versatile player that can make shots. He can create with the ball. He’s got the skillset tools and size. Right now, he doesn’t have a good sample size of being consistent. It’s just been flashes. He’s definitely somebody I’d be going after.”

One of the executives who spoke with HoopsHype believes a team would be willing to give up a protected lottery pick for Reddish.

Reddish is owed $10.62 million combined into next season and is eligible for an $8.11 million qualifying offer in the summer of 2023 that would make him a restricted free agent.

:dead: We know Atlanta can’t pay all of their players and we know Hunter is getting the bag in the off-season.
Rumors dawg, rumors? Kill yourself little nikka.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Hunter is the Hawks 2nd best player (and he's fukking not) they are in TROUBLE.

Bad loss to the Magic. Knicks back down to Earth.
He's been our 2nd best player since last year. That's why we needed him in the Knicks series. We also needed him v. the Bucks but he wasn't there.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Cam hasn't played 100 games yet. He's been fukking hurt for most of his career which is an issue. Something you have to give the nod to for R.J. who is generally always healthy and can play massive mins.

I don't know what you want. Cam when healthy is a monster. He proved that his rookie year from JAN 1st. He proved that against MIL in the playoffs last year and he's proving it this year.

He was our best player in the preseason last year till he got hurt v. MEM which lingered all season till he had the operation. What more do you want? When Cam is healthy, he's given us:

A. Terrific points per touch throughout his career when healthy.
B. High volume shooter with tremendous percentages.
C. He can get to the FT line.
D. Tremendous defensive movement like Danny Green although he lacks Green's discipline
C. He has tremendous defensive versatility like Ben Simmons where he uses his length exceptionally well but he doesn't have the strength or balance like Simmons which limits him in certain actions.

R.J. needs touches. Without them, he doesn't get a feel of the offensive game. Hunter has the same issue while being a much better shooter than Barrett. That's the difficulty of being so damn deep. R.J. has cleaned up a lot of his kinks but touches matter for his player type, it's easier said than done.

Cam is completely outperforming R.J. when he's been healthy:
Jan 1st on: On/Off Court Compare Traditional

Playoffs:
On/Off Court Compare Traditional

Make sure all of the chart filters is selected.

I can really break this shyt down for you if you having issues understanding this. I really just stay surface on thecoli because we all Black so I love you nikkas even my coli Knickas unlike the cacs on realgm but I can do my RealGM post that put nikkas to permanent sleep if I have to.
you just said a whole lot of nothing.
he played 86 games and rarely had an output better than rj.
best ability is availability
if you feel like he has more potential thats fine. he's not better than rj right now.
cam reddish is grossly inefficient with the shots he takes up until this point.
he shies away from contact and very infrequently gets to the freethrow line.
reddish phenotype grades out to a higher chance of success cause he's more fluid and a better athlete. But between the ears he isnt like rj whatsoever.
using per 36's with someone who actually played 36 minutes a night to someone who DOESNT is disingenuous stat usage. When cam comes in the game and doesnt perform Mcmillan( and before him lloyd)yanks his ass...these are facts.
cam was amongst the least efficient players in the entire league (ZERO hyperbole) his first two years. maybe he has a breakout season. But you not about to use 3 game samples on a more proven entity and per 36's with a nikka that never plays that many minutes especially if he comes out ineffective
also how you posted the per 36s and they were still worse :mjlol:
rj was the #2 gameplanned for....and cam reddish was getting easier looks based on better talent around him and was STILL inefficient with terrible shot selection
I use numbers and data for a living...so you cant just throw around points per touch without accurate context or per 36's like i'm some dumbass nikka

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If Hunter is the Hawks 2nd best player (and he's fukking not) they are in TROUBLE.

Bad loss to the Magic. Knicks back down to Earth.

last year he was before he got hurt. We’ll see what happens this year

As for Cam, Hawks brehs don’t wanna hear this but the Hawks aren’t paying everyone and Cam can be had for the right price. Hawks need a 2nd star to make a run at a title

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
you just said a whole lot of nothing.
he played 86 games and rarely had an output better than rj.
if you feel like he has more potential thats fine. he's not better than rj right now.
cam reddish is grossly inefficient with the shots he takes up until this point.
he shies away from contact and very infrequently gets to the freethrow line.
reddish phenotype grades out to a higher chance of success cause he's more fluid and a better athlete. But between the ears he isnt like rj whatsoever.
using per 36's with someone who actually played 36 minutes a night to someone who DOESNT is disingenuous stat usage. When cam comes in the game and doesnt perform Mcmillan yanks his ass...these are facts.
cam was amongst the least efficient players in the entire league (ZERO hyperbole) his first two years. maybe he has a breakout season. But you not about to use 3 game samples on a more proven entity and per 36's with a nikka that never plays that many minutes especially if he comes out ineffective
also how you posted the per 36s and they were still worse :mjlol:
rj was the #2 gameplanned for....and cam reddish was getting easier looks based on better talent around him and was STILL inefficient with terrible shot selection
That's garbage to say I said a lot of nothing, that means you are bias and if you are bias like a typical stan which you are better than, why bother? At like putting a big target on your head saying I am an idiot stan, whatever you say is nothing unless it's good about my guy or team.

He's literally better right now. I don't know what more you need to see. I've watched all of the Knicks regular season and preseason games as well as Cam and Cam's been much better so far.

What you meant to say is Cam has not had a better career so far. That's a fact, R.J. has had a better career so far. I am not arguing that, I agree with you on that part.

Cam is grossly inefficient when playing hurt. As I've stated over and over again, he's terrible playing through injuries offensively. It's one of his major weaknesses that kills him impact-wise. When playing healthy, we get an extremely productive offensive scorer which I've stated time and time again and I have valid proof on it. Defensively, he's not much different regardless of if he's healthy or not.

He doesn't shy away from contact when healthy and he gets to the line often.

Bullshyt ass sentence.

He plays a lot fewer minutes than R.J. R.J. literally plays more mins than anyone (sans Randle) in the last couple of seasons and this year he's playing 36 a game. Cam is playing 24 MPG. I am using per36 to show just that on the same level.

Cam doesn't get yanked by Nate you dumbass. He plays in a rotation. In fact, he plays more than anyone else in the 2nd unit in both the preseason and regular season this year.

You sound like a fukking nut right now. It's one thing to stan but don't fukking lie. I hate when nikkas lie. I hate it!

nikkas don't gameplan for R.J. They just play the left. That's it. Randle and now Evan is who the teams' game plan for when playing the Knicks. Especially Randle who is the core piece for the Knicks. At this point, you sound like a goofy stan, you are better than this. I thought you learned your lesson during the playoffs fukking with me. Not a good idea homie.