"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He ain’t consistent. If he was he’d be on a contender getting starting minutes. Instead he’s a backup on a lottery team.
nikka what? He's been one of the best at PPT for the last 4 seasons and Orlando was a playoff team in a couple of those seasons. Breh, stop it. Ross is a proven bucket who don't need much touches to get going. He is a professional scorer.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If we had a chance at Duarte, RJ would be on the bench.
I don't know why you got stubborn Knick fans who thinks he's better than Reddish. Reddish has his issues. Clumsy, turnover prone, streaky but when he's set and healthy, he's a fukking bucket who is a movement machine on defense and can guard 1-4. R.J. is nice, one of the best young wings in the NBA and it's hard for young wings to be consistent as their responsibility is so high in general but Cam is better. It's not even close. Cam's injury history and poor performances when hurt kills him more than anything. R.J. is never hurt and he can play 48 mpg it seems which is an amazing trait.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Probably not Barrett has leash with the organization

But I’m not liking his fit on this new roster at all
I questioned it from the jump. He's the 4th best scorer but needs touches like a #1 or #2 option. How is that going to work when he has Kemba, Evan, and obviously Randle ahead of him. Things were fine v. Boston has he had a lot of transition opportunities but in the half-court, he's the 4th option. It's gonna be rough for R.J. He's hardly going to be in rhythm and he's not really a C&S guy. R.J. more than Randle was always going to be a tougher fit on a winning team. He just requires too many touches but has way too many flaws.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
The RJ situation is him transitioning from the number 2 guy to being the number 4 guy. The being the number 4 guy was so RJ could focus on being an elite defender but he’s struggling with this transition. At the end of the day he will figure it out but the only consistent we have is Julius Randle is still an all star and Derrick rose is probably the best bench player in the league. Have to get some stability with Obi, Kemba amd Quickley (who I’m most worried about).

Edit: Since I see these ATL posters here RJ >>> Cam and we know ATL is not paying Reddish and will seek to trade him at moments notice

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nikka what? He's been one of the best at PPT for the last 4 seasons and Orlando was a playoff team in a couple of those seasons. Breh, stop it. Ross is a proven bucket who don't need much touches to get going. He is a professional scorer.
:mjlol: You’re a prisoner of the moment. Why the fukk he ain’t got his own team or atleast a robin to a Batman ? Why is he a backup on the magic of all teams? Why hasn’t a contender traded for him. This dude got banished to Orlando from Toronto and no one is looking fir his services. You always coming I here acting like you know about basketball more than anyone. This dude is like a poor mans JR smith:mjlol: