Deadstream (Out on Shudder)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already posted in the horror movie recommendation thread, but I feel like this deserves it's own standalone thread.

In a year ripe with quality horror movies/shows, this deserves way more attention than it's getting.

As someone that grew up in the 90's and loved the theme of haunted houses, this is a PITCH PERFECT combination of found footage in just that with some really great comedy mixed in :russ:

This is my season and I've loved Halloween since a kid. This movie (along with Werewolf by Night) makes me feel like a kid again :mjcry:

Best month of the year and best holiday of the year :ahh::ohlawd: Happy Halloween brehs

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm all of a sudden using "Let's demonetize this bytch" more often now :russ: :ohlawd:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Loved this. So entertaining. And I don't normally like comedy in my horror

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This is being slept on. Probably the most fun horror movie this year

@Lootpack
Wish I had seen this thread earlier because the film is definitely a treat.

Any horror that makes old school make-up and practical effects one of their priorities is getting praise from me. Dare I say, it utilizes its effects better than the production studios with the big bucks. Admired how the movie puts its own spin to a sub-genre that generally has a lot of cliche storylines otherwise. Makes one think they know where the story is going at the beginning….until they don’t. :lolbron:

Mildred tumbling down them steps was :dead:

You can tell the crew loved making this. The way it blends horror, comedy, and even action was well done. Had so much fun that the cheesy monster designs didn’t bother me much. If anything, it added to the film’s charm lol. It’s obviously low-budget from the get go.