Dead Cells or Hollow Knight?

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking to pick one of these up on the eshop for Switch.

You’ve seen the question...what is your answer?

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Hollow Knight is a conventional metroidvania, Dead Cells is more like a randomized metroidvania-like roguelike

If you want a calmer well-paced experience, go Hollow Knight. If you're into more hectic challenge and customization, go Dead Cells.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
They're different. Dead cells is not a metroidvania, it's a roguelike and far more combat focused.

Hollow Knight is a metroidvania and possibly the longest metroidvania ever, it has a lot of combat too.

They're both challenging, but if you want exploration, go Hollow knight. If you want fast paced action, go Dead cells.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Dead cells first. Then hollow knight.
But aren’t these games like 20 or 30 bucks each? Just buy them both. They’re both dope as hell.
If you want a bit more of a conventional plot/story go with hollow knight. Dead cells is a super fast paced hack and slash with plenty of exploration elements like Metroidvania games, but you get huge rewards for speeding through areas as quickly as possible. The game is designed for you to die often and replay the same exact areas though so just keep that in mind.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
These are both on ps plus for free

I think I might try dead cells first

After beating Returnal I’m starting to like rogue likes

I never beat hades tho I got to hades
Had to return to library hoping it hits pw plus soon

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love Hollow Knight even though I need to finish it. I couldn't get into Dead Cells for some reason.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
For some reason I can't bring myself to finish either. I think I found more enjoyment in Dead Cells.

I know this thread is two years old, but you ever play Enter the Gungeon?