De Beers name Lupita Nyong'o as global ambassador

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Blood Diamond De Beers? Really? :what:
I'll be taking note of the people who defend this.
full

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
I find it interesting that Lupita couched her appointment as global ambassador for the De Beers company as a win for women and girls.

That’s interesting when you consider how many black women and girls were economically exploited, disenfranchised, disengaged and violated by this company.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Beyond all the horrible things they do to their workers and the social unrest it creates, it's also a tremendous fraud on the public. Diamonds weren't even that popular or considered necessary for an engagement ring until DeBeers started their advertizing propaganda, and they're not even that rare except DeBeers keeps millions of diamonds stored away to artificially reduce the market.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Beyond all the horrible things they do to their workers and the social unrest it creates, it's also a tremendous fraud on the public. Diamonds weren't even that popular or considered necessary for an engagement ring until DeBeers started their advertizing propaganda, and they're not even that rare except DeBeers keeps millions of diamonds stored away to artificially reduce the market.
That's some brainwashing for yo' azz right there. Ppl ain't trying to hear this. Even if you put it right in front of their face. It's retarded to me to be so attracted to a shiny rock to begin with.