Dave The Diver is so addictive

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
fukk that Shark
Dave the Diver is an adventure video game developed by Mintrocket. Players control Dave, an obese diver, as he collects fish, solves quests, and manages a sushi restaurant. It has elements of management, action-adventure, and role-playing video games. It was released in June 2023 for macOS and Windows, and a Switch version is set to release later in 2023.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I deleted it after a couple of hours. Feels like a finely tuned mobile game designed to keep you "hooked" and playing one more day. Story/characters are pretty uninteresting, RPG elements are "fine" but the serving/diving gameplay got old pretty fast for me. It's likely to be extremely attractive to certain types of gamers though but for me it's a little cheap and falls too neatly into the "time-wasting" category of indie game.

Much prefer something like "Dredge", which is also addicting in similar ways but with far superior exploration, more meaningful RPG elements and an interesting story.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
tried it and found it boring thankfully steam refunds if you only have under 2 hours of playtime

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Much prefer something like "Dredge", which is also addicting in similar ways but with far superior exploration, more meaningful RPG elements and an interesting story.
Aint heard of this game but looked it up. Looks cool, perfect for my ROGAlly while im out of town. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I'm not very far into it , just unlocked the ability to hire people . What I dont like is all the tutorials.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I actually dig the graphics here (reminds me of Out of this World/Pitfall/King's Quest), but it feels like a mobile game.