Dave Chappelle To Headline Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Tour

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
r-DAVE-CHAPPELLE-large570.jpg
Dave Chappelle is co-headlining Funny Or Die Presents The Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Tour, a 5 weekend tour launching this summer. The announcement marks Chappelle's return to high-profile touring, which the legendary stand-up comedian has been hinted about in recent months.

After abruptly walking away from "Chappelle's Show," his popular Comedy Central sketch show, in 2005, Chappelle has remained an elusive figure. He occasionally performed comedy around the country (to varying results), but a string of impromptu shows in February where he performed with Chris Rock, Kevin Hart and others at The Comedy Cellar in New York sparked rumors that he would go on tour.

The Oddball tour will play 13 dates this fall, and Chappelle is slated to co-headline the tour with comedy/musical act Flight of the Conchords. Two stages are scheduled to take place at the festival, and other performers currently listed are Al Madrigal, Brody Stevens, Chris D'Elia, Demetri Martin, Hannibal Buress, Jim Jefferies, John Mulaney, and Kristen Schaal.

The festival will also feature "two stages, street performers, vendors, psychics, freaks, tasty treats and more."

The Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Tour is the first time Funny or Die has launched such a large-scale tour. In recent years, stand-up comedy acts have become increasingly popular acts at large music festivals, such as South By Southwest and Bonnaroo. The festival will be promoted by Live Nation, who says that this is the largest comedy festival ever promoted by the company.

Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival (oddball_tour) on Funny or Die

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
aside from Hannibal, the rest of the acts on that tour are garbage.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
aside from Hannibal, the rest of the acts on that tour are garbage.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

That's how you promote yourself, don't let no up and coming nikka outshine you :smugkang:
"show was great, thanks to Chappelle of course :blessed:"

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Chappelle is going on tour in general aside from this tour too, I'm going to see him in Tennessee. Al Madrigal, Jim Jeffries and Brody are all funny too.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I was going to go to one of his events in Nashville but I changed my mind

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I went to the show in The Woodlands, TX last night.

It was alright overall. Hannibal Burress and Demetri Martin absolutely killed it. Crowd laughed at everything they were saying. Chappelle cut his segment short because it was his birthday. It was alright, but you could tell he didn't really want to be there. Nothing really new but Paula Dean jokes. He basically told the same jokes from his set at The Laugh Factory that you can find on YouTube. Crowd wasn't feeling the Flight of the Conchords either.

The highlight of the night was during Hannibal's set. Hannibal started making jokes about rap lyrics and mentioned the hook for Pregnant p*ssy by UGK ("fukkin a bytch while her baby suck ya dikk"). Then Bun B comes out on stage all :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

Got an impromptu Bun B performance out of it.

Last edited: