Data, Dating & Deliberate Practice (Journal)

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The last thread ended with me quitting my job to decompress & try my hand at trading. My two-year anniversary is coming up in February and I'm still job-free. I haven't been able to achieve consistency in trading, but I have matured/grown so much as a person that I'm eternally grateful that I took the time off, and I'm content w/ this chapter in my life as it comes to a close.

My earmarked 'sabbatical' funds will last up until two-year anniversary in February, so my plan is to focus on trading until then, and then start to transition towards reestablishing my Data Analysis skills and starting my search for a new job. Generally, in this thread I also plan on covering everything from analyzing random datasets, to using Linux, to self-hosting docker containers, and everything in-between.

About an hour ago, a woman I've been seeing for about two years just ended things. We weren't bf/gf since I stubbornly didn't want to settle down, yet she was easily the most consistent person in my life in that time period outside of my best friend, It definitely stings. I've fallen back on being in these streets as much since becoming unemployed, and navigating that territory will also be a point of interest in this journal.

Lastly, there's deliberate practice. It's the popular theory that you can grow faster at anything by targeting your weak points, reflecting on the feedback as well as best practices by the pros, & then making adjustments and repeating that cycle until you're an expert. That's the theme that will tie all of the disparate parts of this journal together.

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
The last thread ended with me quitting my job to decompress & try my hand at trading. My two-year anniversary is coming up in February and I'm still job-free. I haven't been able to achieve consistency in trading, but I have matured/grown so much as a person that I'm eternally grateful that I took the time off, and I'm content w/ this chapter in my life as it comes to a close.

My earmarked 'sabbatical' funds will last up until two-year anniversary in February, so my plan is to focus on trading until then, and then start to transition towards reestablishing my Data Analysis skills and starting my search for a new job. Generally, in this thread I also plan on covering everything from analyzing random datasets, to using Linux, to self-hosting docker containers, and everything in-between.

About an hour ago, a woman I've been seeing for about two years just ended things. We weren't bf/gf since I stubbornly didn't want to settle down, yet she was easily the most consistent person in my life in that time period outside of my best friend, It definitely stings. I've fallen back on being in these streets as much since becoming unemployed, and navigating that territory will also be a point of interest in this journal.

Lastly, there's deliberate practice. It's the popular theory that you can grow faster at anything by targeting your weak points, reflecting on the feedback as well as best practices by the pros, & then making adjustments and repeating that cycle until you're an expert. That's the theme that will tie all of the disparate parts of this journal together.
How old are you Bro?

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Gotcha. As a 44yr old man I would definitely suggest focusing on self, knowing your strengths and building on that. Also building up your finances. With the ladies I would also suggest having a calculated approach to the women you deal with, search for quality, character and someone worth building a legacy with. The right woman can and will help level up everything that you are doing. Especially if she's on point and knows you are about building a legacy together and not just playing around. No desirable woman with her head on straight, 28yrs and up, will want to waste years of her life with a man who is not really committed to building a future with her. Its a lot of goofballs out here too that allow social media and society to fill their heads up with nonsense. If you have a woman that is on point mentally, you would be crazy to push her out the door.