Darkest Dungeon II (May 8, 2023)

Daps

Darkest Dungeon II is a roguelike road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within...

Gather your courage and ride out into the chaos of a world undone.
Four heroes and a stagecoach are all that stand between darkness and salvation.

DD2-Driving-1-630x200.gif

Tried and True Turn-based Combat, Improved
The ground-breaking genre-defining combat from Darkest Dungeon returns, but everything from stats to rules has been refined and improved. The all new Token System helps make your decisions impactful while adding even more depth of play.

DD2-Combat-2-630x300.gif

Unforgettable Heroes
Uncover and experience the tragic origin stories of each hero. Unlock their full potential via new skills, paths, items, and more.

DD2-Story-1-630x300.gif

Roguelike Runs, Each With Its Own Emerging Story
Each expedition lasts from 30 minutes to several hours. Even an untimely end will arm you with resources that can be spent to improve your next journey.

The Altar of Hope
Engage with a massive system of upgrades and boons that opens up new strategies for each expedition. Choose what’s important to you as you formulate your assaults on the Mountain.

DD2-Altar-1-630x300.gif

The Affinity System
As travels progress, heroes bond with each other or grate on each others’ nerves, leading to desperately needed combat synergies or journey-ending dysfunction. Manage their stress and interaction to keep the team together until the bitter end.

inseparable_600w.jpg

Nightmarish Environs
From the burning Sprawl to the diseased Foetor, the long road to the Mountain will challenge your strategies and your endurance.

Explore five distinct regions, each with their own unique creatures and challenges.

DD2-Driving-2-630x200.gif

A Moment’s Peace
Rest your weary, shell-shocked heroes at the Inn, where you can relieve their stress and try to improve their relationships with a variety of diversions and delights.

DD2-Inn-1-630x200.gif

Face Your Failures
Journey to the Mountain and face down five terrifying manifestations of your weaknesses.

Mountain-DRIVING_600w.png

Signature Art Style, Evolved
Darkest Dungeon’s genre-defining art now improved with no expense spared on 3D visuals, animation, and visual FX.

DD2-Combat-1-630x300.gif

A Feast for the Ears
The audio team from Darkest Dungeon is back. Revel in an all new narration performance by voice actor Wayne June, a brand new expansive score by Stuart Chatwood, and bone-crunching sound effects from Power Up Audio.

jester_600w.png

Last edited:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
:pacspit:

Game be on some hoe shyt sometimes.

I still try and beat it every now and then. Get a good hamlet going and then shyt goes south.

fukk that crimson curse.

:pacspit:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I thought the dark souls series was bad enough until I experienced part 1 of this game. Not ashamed to say I did not complete it.:jawalrus:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Games like this remind me of playing old dungeon crawlers back in the 80s. Lots of frustration but it feels rewarding when you do win.

The thing that makes these type of games work, is the feeling of storytelling. If you go into the game overlooking the tedious RNG, spike difficulty, and potential to lose a game build and squad...it's a fulfilling experience.

That being said, I copped it since I enjoyed the first game. Will be back with my thoughts on the game :ehh:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The first one kicked my ass, but isn't playable on the Deck. At least now I can get owned on the go.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Played it for a few and enjoyed every minute of it. Most folks hate the changes to the game, but honestly, I love the different take on the gameplay. It comes off like Oregon Trail from hell with the carriage riding. The gameplay is accessible and not brain-dead hard like the first game. The only gripes that I have with the game is the unlocking aspect of the game. It comes off as a cheap way to stretch out the gameplay, because it's not as hard as the first game. Also, no controller support just yet. So I had to use a KB/M for the Steam Deck to play the game.

Overall, I had a good time with the game. The price I'm not too keen on, but thankfully I got a discount because I owned the first Darkest Dungeon.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Copped this earlier this week, the amount of :damn: that came out of my mouth playing thos game was wild. Played the first one and you really feel the difference in combat between the games. At first I felt like man, you can't really stock up on supplies like that, but the stage coach healing helps and the different nodes really help you out a ton.

Got past the Denial boss, who fukkin' sucks in an annoying way.