DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN (Disney +) March 2025

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
bruh, there was a lot of hype around the 1st season, if they recast thats fine, but really all they need is good writers and a bigger budget for him to flex his powers. The main challenge was showing his superstrength and bullet proof skin with nothing but practical effects. Netflix was perfect for daredevil and punisher, but Disney is better for Luke Cage.

Colter played him as stoic, but Luke's always been loud, bombastic, cracking jokes, etc.

Luke was the OG when it came to bytch betta have my money

Plus Cheo H. Coker was too busy trying to fit in hip hop references to make an actually good script.

"Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is..." - Simone Missick

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

WELL THERE YOU GO...

DIRECT SEQUEL.

AT LEAST MCU REALIZED THEY WERE fukkING UP,
TRYING TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WASNT BROKEN.

:devil:
:evil:

They probably thought they were modernizing an old fashioned approach.
Probably wanted to reboot so they could make bullseye a transgender somali, And make daredevil have a daughter who takes over as daredevil.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Colter played him as stoic, but Luke's always been loud, bombastic, cracking jokes, etc.
yeah, he was very cringy back in the day. He's not nearly as bombastic in modern comics anymore.

He don't need to be bombastic, just needs to have a more hood persona. Colter sounded like a preppy dude from the suburbs,
you sound like you want him to be more like Shaft, thats dated imo. I think he needs to be more like a harlem version of Idris elba from the wire. I could accept Lonzo from training day, but some mr t type shyt from the 70s , nah.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I would kidnap @Bryan Danielson and make him watch DD s1-3 on repeat 24/7 for 3 months just so they will get this new show right! Breh gon really think he Daredevil when I get done breaking his mind :demonic: we must remove the shackles of Disney by any means necessary.

Oh that ain’t gonna go down as you think. :mjgrin:

I can’t even freely honestly describe to you what would happen….. but imagine if Freddy Krueger was real and knew your weaknesses

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, he was very cringy back in the day. He's not nearly as bombastic in modern comics anymore.

He don't need to be bombastic, just needs to have a more hood persona. Colter sounded like a preppy dude from the suburbs,
you sound like you want him to be more like Shaft, thats dated imo. I think he needs to be more like a harlem version of Idris elba from the wire. I could accept Lonzo from training day, but some mr t type shyt from the 70s , nah.

it's like people didn't even watch the show Colter's (Luke Cage) is supposed to be a kind of black corny, preppy, square, straight laced he was the son of a preacher.,in the marine corp's and a cop and only went to prison because he was framed in the netflix shows Rosario Dawson even called him corny on a date

in the comic he was raised in several juvenile homes, spent most of his youth in a gang nikka's bascally want 50 cent " Get Rich or Die Tryin" luke cage with him getting super power's in prison

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
it's like people didn't even watch the show Colter's (Luke Cage) is supposed to be a kind of black corny, preppy, square, straight laced he was the son of a preacher.,in the marine corp's and a cop and only went to prison because he was framed in the netflix shows Rosario Dawson even called him corny on a date

in the comic he was raised in several juvenile homes, spent most of his youth in a gang nikka's bascally want 50 cent " Get Rich or Die Tryin" luke cage with him getting super power's in prison
we watched the show, we just weren't fans of the preachers son angle.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps

I think there's a happy medium between those two types of character backstories. I just don't know if the Netflix people were able or willing to find it. To me, Luke was the least interesting main character to me. He was too stiff, too straight laced. There was no dirt under his nails so to speak. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for "hood nikka with superpowers" but give the man something. His most interesting moment was when he took over the club at the end of season 2.

Misty, Mariah, Shades, Cornell and Bushmaster were all doing circles around him. Makes me wish Misty got her own show being the cyborg cop.

:mjlol: Even Scarf and Cockroach had me entertained in their scenes.

But this is the Daredevil thread.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Bethel is in this? So Matt has to see the real Devil again!

:demonic: :demonic: :demonic:

Dude was the most explosive dude in season 3. That motherfuxker was always ready to kill somebody. No matter what or where, he was always 2 minutes away from ricocheting pen into someone's neck! Like he was always bubbling with his veins popping out. Wonder what Bethel could do with a Cassady script.

They need to do whatever they can to get him into his suit. Have this dude go all out on these fools too. No one should be safe. And dammit, he's one of Daredevil's most dangerous and notorious arch enemies, he NEEDS to catch at least one MAJOR body. And no, the reverend doesn't count.

dgfcti2-a51c3e90-1362-4f33-b085-7c5dc0ab6318.jpg

6166520-bullseye.jpg

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
bruh, there was a lot of hype around the 1st season, if they recast thats fine, but really all they need is good writers and a bigger budget for him to flex his powers. The main challenge was showing his superstrength and bullet proof skin with nothing but practical effects. Netflix was perfect for daredevil and punisher, but Disney is better for Luke Cage.
Luke Cage needs an alter ego for a television series to really work. He was Luke Cage 24/7 with literally nothing to do but walk up and down around Harlem. They destroyed his bar and had his barbershop closed for business so he had nothing to play off of to add depth to his character. They need to watch "Reacher" on Prime to do a Luke Cage storyline imo.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Cat that played Jerome from snowfall would be perfect

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

Luke was the OG when it came to bytch betta have my money

Plus Cheo H. Coker was too busy trying to fit in hip hop references to make an actually good script.

"Lemonade was a popular drink, and it still is..." - Simone Missick

Barret from ff7 is kind of the perfect way to do a modern luke cage

a guy who puts on a big wrestler persona to be the hero of harlem

and then is more intelligent or thoughtful in quiet moments

the second season of luke cage he was more playful

and he playful on his show evil

him and JJ had a lot of chemistry .. i want them to be a couple like in the comics :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

To be honest... A hood nikka with superpowers is still the best way to go about this.. Hancock tried to pull it off but it wasn't hood. Black Panther is a king so he ain't hood.. We spent years talking about what if black americans got super powers... Where the fukk is our super hero? A nikka who grew up in poverty, group homes, gangs, prison, is now tough as Superman one day... And we not going to explore all the avenues that would actually take a hood man through? All the conflicting shyt he'd want to do with his powers? Vs other gangs... Vs the police.. Vs the world... And for him to turn out to be a good guy in the end.. What an arc...

fukk is Disney doing over there?

Daps
Bethel is in this? So Matt has to see the real Devil again!

:demonic: :demonic: :demonic:

Dude was the most explosive dude in season 3. That motherfuxker was always ready to kill somebody. No matter what or where, he was always 2 minutes away from ricocheting pen into someone's neck! Like he was always bubbling with his veins popping out. Wonder what Bethel could do with a Cassady script.

They need to do whatever they can to get him into his suit. Have this dude go all out on these fools too. No one should be safe. And dammit, he's one of Daredevil's most dangerous and notorious arch enemies, he NEEDS to catch at least one MAJOR body. And no, the reverend doesn't count.

dgfcti2-a51c3e90-1362-4f33-b085-7c5dc0ab6318.jpg

6166520-bullseye.jpg

Yall got such high hopes. Me and @CHICAGO gon be :umad: at yall when this trash drops and it's a hot stinking pile of foolery.

You heard it here first brehs. Marvel lost the people who made them great. They no longer have the talent required to do this show and do it right. They are in no mans land.

This show will make a mockery of the Daredevil character. It will be worse than Echo and Hawkeye. You heard it here first.