Daniel Day Lewis is the actor Johnny Depp was suppose to be.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Depp is great when he wants to be but overrated and I say this as a fan of his.

Daniel Day Lewis is great because not only can he act his ass off but he (along w/ his team) has known how to pick the right movies for him.

Depp got lost somewhere in being weird and quirky characters somewhere along the way and forgot 1 important thing, you still need the movies to actually have well written scripts and stories among other things.

Meanwhile Daniel Day Lewis is the probably the best actor since Marlon Brando.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
there's no one who was or is supposed to be Daniel Day Lewis. He's the greatest actor that ever lived... like, what are you saying?

this is like saying Michael Jordan is the player Allen Iverson was supposed to be...nikka, no

A.I. is great, a hall of famer.. but Jordan is on another level.. DDL is the Jordan of this shyt and has been since the 90's

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
there's no one who was or is supposed to be Daniel Day Lewis. He's the greatest actor that ever lived... like, what are you saying?

this is like saying Michael Jordan is the player Allen Iverson was supposed to be...nikka, no

A.I. is great, a hall of famer.. but Jordan is on another level.. DDL is the Jordan of this shyt and has been since the 90's

You missing the point I was trying to make. People aka the media made Johnny out to be like he was going to be what Daniel Day Lewis is.

So I agree w/ you. Ya dig?

However, the argument can be made for Brando > DDL

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Depp is great when he wants to be but overrated and I say this as a fan of his.

Daniel Day Lewis is great because not only can he act his ass off but he (along w/ his team) has known how to pick the right movies for him.

Depp got lost somewhere in being weird and quirky characters somewhere along the way and forgot 1 important thing, you still need the movies to actually have well written scripts and stories among other things.

Meanwhile Daniel Day Lewis is the probably the best actor since Marlon Brando.
DDL hasn't been in enough movies to give him any GOAT title. Depp is arguably a better all around actor. We've had this debate before and people thought I was tripping, but I'll say that Lewis' character in Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood are practically the same.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
DDL hasn't been in enough movies to give him any GOAT title. Depp is arguably a better all around actor. We've had this debate before and people thought I was tripping, but I'll say that Lewis' character in Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood are practically the same.

Yeah but at a certain point, the quality outweighs the quantity. Depp been putting out bullshyt for so long that his shytty movies outweigh his great movies.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Yeah but at a certain point, the quality outweighs the quantity. Depp been putting out bullshyt for so long that his shytty movies outweigh his great movies.
True, but if you can match Depp's best with Lewis' best, the comparisons are a lot closer than not. Top 3 movies for each