Damn

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anthon Burrows was ecstatic when he and his wife, Christine, learned from their fertility clinic on July 3 that she was finally pregnant after many failed attempts.

When they returned on July 19 for the first ultrasound and learned they were having twins, Burrows, a native of the Bahamas, broke the news to everyone, singing “We are having twins” all day long.

“I sat there in shock. I didn’t know how we were going to make it. Anthon touched my shoulders and laughed, with a twinkle in his eyes, and assured me that there are two babies and there are two of us,” said Christine Burrows, 34, a teacher at Brampton’s Westervelts Corners Public School.

Now, Christine will have to raise their two children by herself.

Just before 10 p.m. Monday, Burrows, 27, was on his way home on his motorbike from visiting a friend and sharing his excitement about becoming a father when he was struck by a Toyota Camry on McLaughlin Rd., near Bovaird Dr. He suffered fatal injuries and was later pronounced dead at Brampton Civic Hospital.

“Now all my questions he had answers for are up in the air again. How am I going to go back to sleep, keep our house and raise our kids by myself?” asked Christine, choking back tears.

The couple met in the Bahamas in 2006, while Christine was on vacation with her sister, Jane Angove. Burrows, a marine biologist, happened to be the boat captain for the week-long snorkelling tour.

“Anthon was very loving and had a wonderful personality. He shared with us his marine-biology knowledge about fish and sharks,” recalled Christine, who is seven weeks into her pregnancy. “We stayed in touch and emailed each other millions of times.”

After two years of back-and-forth visits between Canada and the Caribbean, Anthon moved here in 2008. The two tied the knot the following year, and had been trying to become parents ever since.

As soon as they learned the good news, Christine said, Anthon started talking about naming the twins, teaching them to play drums as he did, taking them to Disneyland and doing things other doting parents would do.

“Anthon was a fantastic man and had a joyful life. He always had a smile on his face,” said Nicole Martucci, Christine’s best friend and co-worker. “You could count on him for anything. His laugh was contagious.”

Derek Woodgate, Christine’s brother-in-law, said Burrows was ambitious and recently started a basement waterproofing business. “His life goal was to do what he was told he couldn’t do,” Woodgate said.

Bidding farewell to her husband in the hospital, Christine cut a piece of Anthon’s dreadlocks that she has braided into a ring.

“I’m a single mother, a widow. My lover, partner, is gone. I’m dealing with losing him, but I have to keep the memory of him alive for his children,” she said, touching the ring on her wedding finger.

A visitation will be held Tuesday evening at the Andrews Community Funeral Centre in Brampton, followed by a funeral Wednesday morning. In lieu of flowers, donations are requested at supportburrowstwins.com to help support the couple’s twins.

Christine said she will put a set of the babies’ ultrasound images into her husband’s coffin. The Association of Bahamians in Canada band, in which Anthon played drums, will perform at the funeral. Family and friends also plan to wear a T-shirt bearing an image of Anthon at this year’s Caribana parade to remember him.

Peel Region police are still investigating the accident. No charges have been laid against the Camry’s 68-year-old female driver.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...lled_in_brampton_motorcyclecar_collision.html

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Damn..I ride a motorcycle and it fukks with me to read shyt like this

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Exactly why I will never, ever buy a motorcycle. I always felt like if I were to buy one I would be putting my life into someone elses hands.

IrishBrother

Bubblin' in Dublin
Daps
Damn. Two kids about to be born without a daddy. Something I am guilty of a lot - not checking for bikers. I try and double check now.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
i been telling nikkas don;t fukk wit them bikes mayne.

edit :nikka was hawging (huge ass white girl) :pachaha:
cmcccimotorcyclist261061.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Last edited:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The worst thing I ever witnessed was a motorcycle accident (also in Brampton). Pulled up right after the chaos occurred, was about 3am in the morning as we were coming back from the club. Ran to the body.. dude's leg was already detached from his knee down (we couldn't locate where the missing part was), my buddy desperately tried to revive the guy but it was clearly too late. Hit by 2 dudes in a truck that were clearly drunk. Arguably one of the hardest things I had to get over. Got lots of buddies with bikes, and I know this shyt can happen no matter what vehicle you're in but... just something about them I stay clear of.

RIP to my fellow Bramptonian :to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just goes to show you how extremely uncertain life can be. :wow:

Stay safe brehs and appreciate what you have.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
My uncle died in a motorcycle accident too, left behind a wife and 2 daughters and 2 twin boys, all under the age 8 :wow:

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant even lie knowing this is a Reincar thread i thought those twins were gonna end up not being his :troll: