Damn Brehs..... So Since I Moved To Canada I Am Part Of The 1%???

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
That hefty number was the cutoff to make it into the top one per cent of Canadian income earners. That $191,100 is just the minimum to squeak into the one per cent club. Most of the people in that category earned much more. The average income among the top one per cent was twice that — $381,300.

Minimum income to be in the top ...
10% of income earners $80,400*
1% of income earners $191,100*
0.1% of income earners $685,000**
0.01% of income earners $2.57 million**
*National Household Survey (2011), **Statistics Canada T1FF (2010)

Compared to that 1% in the U.S is above 450k+.
What a difference.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
fukkin A. Well congratz on your success

it's amazing how much better other developed nations have got their systems down. It's not even the "American Dream" anymore, it's the "Canadian Dream". There's such little chance of upward mobility here, it's amazing...

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

it's amazing how much better other developed nations have got their systems down. It's not even the "American Dream" anymore, it's the "Canadian Dream". There's such little chance of upward mobility here, it's amazing...
I dont know what to make about this.
Many of my peers in the IT sector are moving from Canada to Austin Texas, for more money.

Btw I'm in the 1% because of household income.
Me & my wife both work in IT.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I dont know what to make about this.
Many of my peers in the IT sector are moving from Canada to Austin Texas, for more money.

Btw I'm in the 1% because of household income.
Me & my wife both work in IT.
i get that, but it's totally anecdotal.

Chances are, if you're a regular person, especially black, it's nearly impossible to move up economically.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

Yea United States lost it's status a while ago. Many people in China live better lives than in America. Australia and Canada are ahead of USA in terms of quality of life. The place to be for any human right now are: Canada, Australia, Germany, and Japan. Social mobility is better in these countries than in America by a long shot :yeshrug:. They also have better educated citizens and significantly lower crime/murder rates.

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
If you make more than $35,000 you're in the global one percent :manny:
There's a difference between making 35,000 and barely making it compared to making 10,000 in a third world country where you have access to less processed food. The average American making that income dies early from heart problems, cancer or diabetes because of the fact that nutritious food is more expensive than junk food. Never mind the fact that an American making 35,000 dollars is more likely to live in a violence plagued environment compared to someone from the Philippines making the equivalent of 35,000.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
There's a difference between making 35,000 and barely making it compared to making 10,000 in a third world country where you have access to less processed food. The average American making that income dies early from heart problems, cancer or diabetes because of the fact that nutritious food is more expensive than junk food. Never mind the fact that an American making 35,000 dollars is more likely to live in a violence plagued environment compared to someone from the Philippines making the equivalent of 35,000.
USDA: Healthy food isn't really more expensive

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yea United States lost it's status a while ago. Many people in China live better lives than in America. Australia and Canada are ahead of USA in terms of quality of life. The place to be for any human right now are: Canada, Australia, Germany, and Japan. Social mobility is better in these countries than in America by a long shot :yeshrug:. They also have better educated citizens and significantly lower crime/murder rates.

Most of my cousins live in Germany.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Never mind the fact that an American making 35,000 dollars is more likely to live in a violence plagued environment.
Depends on the state/city.... but ya pretty much.
If I made only 35k I would try another field and do something on the side or move.
But ya, not everyone has that luxury, and a few years ago neither did I, so I can mos def empathize through experience.
Was once living in an apartment with no AC, it was smoldering hot in summers, & I was mostly eating canned foods.
For a while my meals were canned beans and white rice daily... Those days I was well disciplined though, tried my best to eat healthy and consume enough protein through foods. Couldn't afford a gym so I was doing daily bodyweight exercises, and everything that I learned for my career was my studying for free at bookstores.

Hated those days but it made me the man I am today!

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Depends on the state/city.... but ya pretty much.
If I made only 35k I would try another field and do something on the side or move.
But ya, not everyone has that luxury, and a few years ago neither did I, so I can mos def empathize through experience.
Was once living in an apartment with no AC, it was smoldering hot in summers, & I was mostly eating canned foods.
For a while my meals were canned beans and white rice daily... Those days I was well disciplined though, tried my best to eat healthy and consume enough protein through foods. Couldn't afford a gym so I was doing daily bodyweight exercises, and everything that I learned for my career was my studying for free at bookstores.

Hated those days but it made me the man I am today!
Had you already gone to college before being in that situation? Just curious.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Had you already gone to college before being in that situation? Just curious.
Started but didnt finish college
But that apartment situation was from since birth.
I was born in poverty.
shytty apartment with no AC.
Roaches, even in the stove where the time shows under the glass and same for our cheap ass microwave, roaches where the time shows, and in the oven too.
Crazy ass poor childhood I had.
Every so often I run into peeps I went to school with, many turned weird & shyt, or depressed.
Like life just ain't working out for them, living paycheck by paycheck, but I dont look at them through judgemental eyes, rather I think to myself that could have EASILY been me.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I was born in poverty.
Roaches, even in the stove where the time shows under the glass and same for our cheap ass microwave, roaches where the time shows, and in the oven too.
Every so often I run into peeps I went to school with, many turned weird & shyt, or depressed.
Like life just ain't working out for them, living paycheck by paycheck, but I dont look at them through judgemental eyes, rather I think to myself that could have EASILY been me.
Glad you made it man.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I was born in poverty.
dont let those morons at fox news find out. They'll be like "see, he pulled himself up by his bootstraps and became a productive member of society. Why can't you there be more like you?"