Dallas,Texas Suburb - New Black Wall Street

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
desoto.jpg

Is This Dallas, TX Suburb the New Black Wall Street? Some Are Saying It Is... – Financial Juneteenth

Many people don’t consider DeSoto, TX a great place to raise their kids or a nice place to live. But those who know the greatness of this Dallas suburb wouldn’t want to trade it for anything. It is actually a peaceful neighborhood and has all the necessary amenities.

As more people realize that DeSoto is an affluent community that should be listed alongside other north Texas locations such as Southlake, Frisco, and Flower Mound, more individuals and families continue to move to the suburb.

The population has risen to well over 50,000 from 15,000 in the 1980s.

Taj Clayton and his wife live in DeSoto and were looking for a place to raise their three kids. After considering a host of places, they chose DeSoto, and they haven’t regretted a bit of that decision.

“DeSoto, for our perspective, was the best place to live,” Taj Clayton said. “It was just a hidden gem that a lot of people didn’t know about. There are beautiful hills, undulating landscapes, incredible parks. I feel fortunate to live on a golf course.”

Having lived in and loved the community, the couple has also influenced some of their friends to move there.

“We are actually three minutes from my kids school,” Tonika Clayton said. “We got some of our friends to move here from Plano.”

Additionally, the fact that the community contains many affluent Black residents is something else that has attracted many to the neighborhood. The Black population in DeSoto accounts for 68 percent of its inhabitants, way above the Black population in Dallas or Fort Worth.

“It’s a really nice bedroom community where you see a lot of successful people who live here and, demographically, there are a lot of African-Americans,” the Clayton couple maintained.

DeSoto Mayor Carl Sherman reveals that many African-Americans have been moving to the community since the turn of the millennium.

“Since 2000-2010, there’s been a large migration of African-Americans to North Texas,” Sherman said. “In fact, we’re the leading [community] second only to Atlanta for the migration from north to south. And many of those have chosen to live in the city of DeSoto because of the caliber of the citizens that we have here.”

The majority of the residents (91 percent) live above the poverty line, with the median income in 2013 being $60,945.

In terms of business, the U.S. Census revealed that 55.3 percent of businesses in the community are owned by Black people.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There are tons of black upper class communities in America. I want to know what institutions and infrastructure they are building because blacks with good paying jobs and big houses is nothing to really brag about if they aren't creating infrastructure.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Good,
I love to hear stories like this. We should be striving to do this in any area where there a substantial amount of Black people

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Many people don’t consider DeSoto, TX a great place to raise their kids or a nice place to live

By this they mean CACS. :mjlol:
Its literally no reason for anyone to consider Desoto "not a nice place to live" besides the fact thats its 70% black and borders two other suburbs that are also majority black(Lancaster and Glenn Heights) :mjlol:

@Geoffrey_Chaucer
For those yall who dont know. This is how Desoto looks.

717-daisy-dr-desoto-texas-75115.jpg

l14710745-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

cacs :laff:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cedar Hill, next to DeSoto is similar. That whole, southern Dallas County over to SW Tarrant are the black burbs of Dallas. Lots of former pros end up settling down there.
By this they mean CACS. :mjlol:
Its literally no reason for anyone to consider Desoto "not a nice place to live" besides the fact thats its 70% black and borders two other suburbs that are also majority black(Lancaster and Glenn Heights) :mjlol:

@Geoffrey_Chaucer
For those yall who dont know. This is how Desoto looks.

717-daisy-dr-desoto-texas-75115.jpg

l14710745-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

cacs :laff:

Check out City-Data. They literally try to shyt on anything south of George Bush turnpike, let alone I-30 or God forbid I-20. They really, don't realize places like DeSoto, Cedar Hill SGP and Mansfield look exactly like the places they live in, except prettier. There is no nicer landscape in the metroplex than what's around Joe Pool Lake. They are always trying to say the schools are bad and there's high crime. There are million dollar houses out there that would literally double or triple in price if they were in North. I hope its never "discovered", but rather keeps building on itself.

Best High School football and basketball district in the whole state.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Cedar Hill, next to DeSoto is similar. That whole, southern Dallas County over to SW Tarrant are the black burbs of Dallas. Lots of former pros end up settling down there.

Check out City-Data. They literally try to shyt on anything south of George Bush turnpike, let alone I-30 or God forbid I-20. They really, don't realize places like DeSoto, Cedar Hill SGP and Mansfield look exactly like the places they live in, except prettier. There is no nicer landscape in the metroplex than what's around Joe Pool Lake. They are always trying to say the schools are bad and there's high crime. There are million dollar houses out there that would literally double or triple in price if they were in North. I hope its never "discovered", but rather keeps building on itself.

Best High School football and basketball district in the whole state.
Yup
And CD is trash. They banned me a few weeks ago for having "duplicate" accounts once someone made a thread asking why everything south of downtown was neglected and I told the truth and the REAL reason :mjpls:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
i know some people out in Cedar Hill
and use to fukk with a few chicks in Desoto

everyone i know out there got a decent ass size crib:ehh:

people try to talk you out of moving there tho and make it seem like it is about to turn into the hood

Gatdamn at your avi.

Name kind sir:feedme:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Whats the housing prices like in Dosoto and how far is it from the City Center of Dallas? My pops just moved there may tell him about it.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all ranges of prices. All the way up into the millions. 2500 sq ft in the mid to upper 100s and 3000 sq ft houses in the mid 200s is crazy to me. Even new builds in the 300s for that size with super nice build out. You won't see anything like that in the northern suburbs. I live in East Dallas, and for those sizes of a house, you'll be in the 500s or 600s if you want to be in Lakewood or one of the historic districts. Resale is slower though because its not blowing up like the north side has. It will at some point though. Too many companies moving down there and people starting to get pushed out price-wise and distance-wise.

DeSoto is like a 20-30 minute drive south depending on traffic. They are about to rebuild I-35E though over the next 2-3 years though, so beware of that.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Hope the oil crash hasn't hit them as bad as it has Houston. Was out there a few months ago and its like 10%+ of white collar professionals out of work. Great story though! Lots of communities like this around the country like previous poster said.