@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
eddie-griffin-popcorn.gif

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:This thread might get ugly. Then again, anyone who preaches the bible as "the word" have a great ability to sort through the scust parts.

God knows my number. If he wants to, he can hit me up and I will preach whatever his message is. Till then, he was a great distraction for me when I
was a kid:myman:

Last edited:

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Exodus 21:20

Concerning Exodus 21-20:

"The text does not condone the beating of the slave at all. Rather, the text is describing what the punishment is *for* beating one’s slave to death. That is, the text actually *condemns* beating a slave to death. In the one case, the slave owner is punished by being put to death. In the other case, which is an unintentional death by beating, the slave owner is punished in terms of his own financial loss from having beaten his slave to death. The implication is that he did not intend to kill his slave, but was still wrong in beating the slave. Otherwise there would be no mention of punishment in either case. But as it is, there is a punishment in both cases here for beating a slave to death. In the first case of intentionally beating a slave to death, the slave owner is likewise to be put to death. In the second case of unintentionally beating a slave to death, the slave owner’s own foolish financial loss serves as his punishment."
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html

Also keep in mind these verses: Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Colossians 4:1; and Ephesians 6:9.....

There is/was a way to treat a slave and it is not like an animal...