D!ck Gregory: Comedic Legend Dies At 84

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
hqdefault.jpg

dikk Gregory -- comedian, actor, writer and famed civil right activist -- died Saturday night in Washington D.C. ... according to a statement from his family.

Gregory began his career as a comedian while serving in the the military in the '50s, and went on to be a prominent figure during the Civil Rights Movement in the '60s ... which his comedy and political satire reflected. He's widely regarded as a trailblazer in both stand-up and politics.

dikk was also a writer known for the documentary "Joe Louis: America's Hero... Betrayed." Comedy Central named him #82 on the all time list of greatest stand-up comedians.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/19/entertainment/dikk-gregory-obit/index.html

edit: sorry bout the link...coli keeps changin his first name to "dikk" in the links...

Last edited:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
RIP to the man. A black man that lived a full (if hard) life. We give him props for doing far more than just his part and for not jumping out the ring in the process. :salute:

May his seeds follow in his footsteps where the activism is concerned.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
:snoop:. Gone are the greats

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Said this in TLR but I'm going to say it here as well, RIP to a comedic and civil rights gawd. I read his book "******" in high school, dude was comedically shytting on cacs in a time when doing so could be met with extreme consequences. :salute: rest in peace

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I won't pretend I knew a ton about him or his work, but based on The Breakfast Club interview he was a sharp, smart and thinking man.

R.I.P.