Curfew is over for boys if we get our first car and L's as a teen. Daughters still gotta be home at 10. True or False.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I was thinking about this because I gotta get my daughter a whip this year, and I got my first car in 11th grade. Prior to that, moms and auntie would trip when I was coming in at 2-3 in the morning, not on no "you can't do this shyt" type vibe, on some "boy you know better" type shyt.

After I got my first car in 03 (Mercury Cougar), 11th grade, I was never spoken to about coming home on time again. shyt literally vanished as a talking point and I don't think it was ever mentioned again. I'm out til 1 every night and up for school in the morning daily. Never heard that shyt again.

I'm not playing that role with the lil one, and if I had a son I'd probably stop mentioning curfew also. I'm not really asking this question, but are we wrong for doing that? Did y'all shyt play out the same as a teen?

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Josh Giddey says, no curfew for the girls
SqQ9Fju.png
Let a cac tell you how to raise your daughters, brehs.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was thinking about this because I gotta get my daughter a whip this year, and I got my first car in 11th grade. Prior to that, moms and auntie would trip when I was coming in at 2-3 in the morning, not on no "you can't do this shyt" type vibe, on some "boy you know better" type shyt.

After I got my first car in 03 (Mercury Cougar), 11th grade, I was never spoken to about coming home on time again. shyt literally vanished as a talking point and I don't think it was ever mentioned again. I'm out til 1 every night and up for school in the morning daily. Never heard that shyt again.

I'm not playing that role with the lil one, and if I had a son I'd probably stop mentioning curfew also. I'm not really asking this question, but are we wrong for doing that? Did y'all shyt play out the same as a teen?
Not if you want them to reach adulthood. You need to keep youngins in the house late at night.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m assuming your dad wasn’t around?? I can’t imagine a man just letting his son have free rein at sixteen years old just because they got a drivers license. That’s a recipe for disaster.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Man I got home around 1230 on a Friday cause we worked late and went to a coworkers house playing video games after

I got home and my dad was so angry he wasn't even drunk anymore. I thought he was gonna shoot me

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I’m assuming your dad wasn’t around?? I can’t imagine a man just letting his son have free rein at sixteen years old just because they got a drivers license. That’s a recipe for disaster.
Nope. Pops was locked up most of my childhood and y'all nikkas know my OG got clean in 2000 when she got pregnant with my lil sister and is a boss now, literally and figuratively lol.

My aunt raised me and my brother, moms got clean my 9th grade year, moved back to Detroit from West Palm Beach (og started fukkin with the hard rock after graduating MI State and being bff's with Magic Johnson, got her nursing license, came back to Detroit, started fukking with Maserati Rick and started smoking that shyt, got pregnant with my brother by Rick). She got clean and moved back in 2000, got her nursing license back, now has a 360,000$ crib.

Auntie was the nicest person in the world, but an enabler because of that. Now that I think about it, once me and bro got cars mom's was trying to curfew us the first couple days (moms got us both a whip at the same time) and her and my aunt would get into it over that shyt, auntie raised us and always came with the "them boys grown sis" in crunch time, until moms eventually let up. I definitely manipulated that shyt fasho lol.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I had a mercury cougar too :mjlol:

The motherfukking day before school started...
The motherfukking day before school started
THE MOTHERfukkING DAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTED

My oldest brother got in a car wreck totaled his shyt and my mom had me give my car so he could support his family:francis:

I forgot what this thread was about :mjgrin: