Crucible (Free to play)

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
Watched a streamer playing for a few hrs yesterday. Looks like one of those fun for a week games that will be dead in about 2-3 months.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Watched a streamer playing for a few hrs yesterday. Looks like one of those fun for a week games that will be dead in about 2-3 months.
I hope not. They're lacking in features at the moment, but this could potentially fill the Paragon hole in my gaming catalog. They shouldn't have put the BR mode in and double down on the 4v4 mode and 8v8 arcade mode.
Kind of wish they would have held up on releasing until it was a bit more polished and had an Apex like launch instead.

I played for about 2 hours yesterday and enjoyed it for the most part. Launching without any way to communicate with your team is unforgivable though :snoop:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
I saw some streamers play it as well. You farm for a bit then a chick with a flame thrower comes and roasts your ass. 16 person 2v2 just seems kind of pointless honestly.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This game has Amazon's bread behind it, but idk if it'll gain traction with all the competition out there in the F2P market.

What lane is this game going for?

Romell

Superstar
Daps

Our next steps:

The community has rallied around Heart of the Hives in an amazing way. Moving forward, we’ll be putting all of our efforts towards Heart of the Hives and what we can do to make that mode shine. Focusing on one mode allows us to refine the design of core systems without the compromises we needed to make to support three game modes. This does mean that we’ll be retiring Harvester Command and Alpha Hunters for the foreseeable future. We'll be removing Alpha Hunters from the list of game modes soon, and Harvester Command once our new player experience has been improved.

Our plan for this updated game direction will have two phases. In the first, we will build and iterate on the core systems necessary to support this Heart of the Hives-centered vision for the game. We’re starting the first phase by developing the features we know we need: voice chat, a surrender option, a system to deal with AFK players ruining matches, an expanded ping system, and potentially some form of mini-map. We don’t have an exhaustive list of changes yet, but those are some of our top priorities. While we’re working on adding those features, we’ll also be working on improving framerate, hit feedback, matchmaking, and how we teach the game to new players.

Should have stated this was an alpha in the first place :snoop:

Glad they're taking feedback and not killing it. Going all in on Heart of Hives is exactly what I thought they should do. I'll keep my eyes on this to see if it hits the potential it has.

Daps

Should have stated this was an alpha in the first place :snoop:

Glad they're taking feedback and not killing it. Going all in on Heart of Hives is exactly what I thought they should do. I'll keep my eyes on this to see if it hits the potential it has.

I think they rushed the game to get it out there before Valorant

Daps
Grand Opening, Grand Closing :huhldup:

Final Crucible Developer Update
Essence hunters,

In July we moved Crucible into closed beta. We made a list of features we felt would enhance the player experience, which we shared publicly on our roadmap, and with the exception of custom games (which we expect to ship in the coming days), we completed them all. With those features shipped, our next step was to evaluate the feedback we’ve heard from you, paired with the data we’ve collected, to determine our path forward.

That evaluation led us to a difficult decision: we’ll be discontinuing development on Crucible. We very much appreciate the way that our fans have rallied around our efforts, and we’ve loved seeing your responses to the changes we’ve made over the last few months, but ultimately we didn’t see a healthy, sustainable future ahead of Crucible. We’ll be transitioning our team to focus on New World and other upcoming projects from Amazon Games.

We’re offering a full refund for any purchases made. You can find more information on our support page. We will also be disabling credit purchases within Crucible.

In the next few weeks we’ll be hosting a final playtest and community celebration, both in-game and in our official Discord. After that point we’ll be disabling matchmaking, although you’ll still be able to play Crucible through the custom games feature. Stay tuned for more information on that event. Servers will stay up for custom games until noon PST on Monday, November 9, 2020.

Thank you, as always, for being part of our community. This has been a labor of love, and we’re grateful for the time we got to spend on planet Crucible with you.

Signing off once more,

-the Crucible team

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This game was super trash. Started it up, hopped in the tutorial, fired the gun twice and immediately uninstalled. :unimpressed:

Crucible would've been dated 5+ years ago.