Crowd-funded Coatwolf Productions' (Bellflower) next project CANARY

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Two lovers discover a machine that manipulates emotions hidden in their home. They begin modifying it and become addicted - ultimately upsetting the balance of nature and opening a passageway to hell.

Real cats like @MikeBarnes already know about the raw cinematic excellence of Bellflower, the single greatest film of the past ten years, and Coatwolf Productions continue to up the ante with largely self- and crowd-funded indie movies where they produce everything themselves, cameras included. In a time where every studio seems to aim bigger and bigger, these dudes are out here making films from scraps to make sure they control the entire process. It's filmmaking of a kind I have nothing but the utmost respect for, and so should you.

You can read more about it on their Patreon, and of course choose to support them if you want:

Coatwolf Productions is creating movies and machines to make the world a better place. | Patreon

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Teaser looks terrible tho.

They're halfway into production and now trying to gather funds so they can actually shoot the visually demanding scenes, lol. It's quite literally a "teaser" for the project they're working on.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
They're halfway into production and now trying to gather funds so they can actually shoot the visually demanding scenes, lol. It's quite literally a "teaser" for the project they're working on.

I find it kinda strange it's a Patreon and not a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo and it's for a movie and for a studio and no dates for anything.
I get that they are ARTISTS but this really poorly put together imo.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I find it kinda strange it's a Patreon and not a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo and it's for a movie and for a studio and no dates for anything.
I get that they are ARTISTS but this really poorly put together imo.

They used Kickstarter to partially fund their last project Chuck Hank & The San Diego Twins (it comes out later this year) but they want to make things bigger. They use Patreon because they need consistent funding as they operate almost entirely outside of the Hollywood system.

Indiewire wrote an article about Evan Glodell's work process and how it completely goes against the way Hollywood makes films (it's in fact more in line with how Kevin Smith made Clerks, but generally more ambitious). That's why he wants to fund his own small studio, so he can continue to do things his way but at a larger scale.

The Mad Scientist: How The Visionary ‘Bellflower’ Director is Risking All At Cannes After Six Years of Hollywood Battles

MikeBarnes

aka thejackroller, Jack Brannigan, Jack Birdbath
Daps
I just hope it doesn't take as long as Chuck Hank. I suppose that depends on the success of Chuck Hank though.