Crocodile Dundee sequel in the works...Paul Hogan returning...(flabby)

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
:scust:

:flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

Paul-Hogan-in-Crocodile-Dundee.jpg

After a series of Australian tourism ads starring Chris Hemsworth and Danny McBride parodied a return of Crocodile Dundee, it turns out that the series is actually making a comeback. 17 years since the latest entry in the franchise, Paul Hogan confirmed that a legitimate sequel is actually in the works.

Hogan confirmed that he will be returning to the character in a sequel titled The Very Excellent Mr. Dundee. However, instead of being a traditional sequel, Mr. Dundee will actually revolve around Hogan himself as he prepares for an upcoming knighting ceremony that is a result of his successes in the entertainment industry. Yet moments before he is knighted, he encounters a situation that risks ruining his entire reputation. Like the third film in the series, Mr. Dundee will be set in Los Angeles, CA, and as far as casting goes, Hogan said:

"I’ve been honoured to have many of my friends and colleagues, whose work I adore, agree to join us for this hilarious new adventure."

Crocodile Dundee made a cultural splash in the mid-'80s, but it remains to be seen whether or not Hogan still has the same kind of appeal as he did in the original. The excitement surrounding the fake Dundee ad seemed to have more to do with stars like Hemsworth and Robbie being attached, and less to do with a return to the original franchise, but time will tell.

:huhldup: