Crimson Tide is one of the greatest Black empowerment movies ever

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simply put, it's one of the best black man vs. white supremacist films I've ever seen.

Denzel Washington's character—Harvard educated, intelligent, strong, with a beautiful united black family. He doesn't back down from the white supremacist and ends up being right.

His nemesis—Gene Hackman—a single, lonely white supremacist lunatic/warmonger with bloodlust, who ends up being wrong in the end despite the deification of his character by the other men on the boat.

This is a movie that should be shown in classrooms all over America...it shows how white supremacists try and enforce their will despite logic and law. And how a powerful Black Man stopped a nuclear war from starting.

Daps
man, I just watched this for the first time. an epic movie. Can't believe it took me this long to watch

Denzel was swaggin on them cacs. Ramsey and them cacs that supported him were nothing but white supremacists

this was the best movie about white supremacy that tackles it but isn't on the nose that I've ever seen. It shows the subtleties of how white supremacy influences every institution in America, from the top down, and how a black man has to be smart enough to navigate it

And then when they started talking about the horses being black and white. Had me on the edge of my seat like :banderas:

they don't make movies like this anymore :ohlawd: