Crime Boss : Rockay City (Chuck Norris, Danny Glover, Michael Madsen, Vanilla Ice, Trejo, Michael Rooker)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Metacritic Score: 45

TheGamer: 4/10
Crime Boss is a game at war with itself. All three modes offer something, but none of them does their specific thing that well. Meanwhile, the characters and writing that surround these missions feel painfully stuck in 2011. And customisation is either limited or random in a way that makes it feel like you never quite have control of your loadout.

GGRecon: 4/10
Crime Boss Rockay City is a cautionary tale for how to effectively budget a video game, and a prime example of how games need to feel and play well first and foremost. There are good ideas buried deep within this game, and the roguelike/Payday combination is a genuinely novel concept I'd love to see explored in a project with more focus. However, using a voice cast of Hollywood talent past their prime is a choice that doesn't add anything to the game, and it's not enough to distract me from the shallow gameplay that was already done much better ten years ago.

Screen Rant: 5/10
In its current state, Crime Boss: Rockay City feels like a low-level wannabe criminal trying to get rich quick on a street populated with multiplayer shooters who already do better.

Shacknews: 5/10
If the idea of playing a shooter crammed on top of a modern edition of Drug Wars, full of pseudo ironic stunt casting and roguelike gimmicks sounds like a good time, boy do I have a game for you. The only game for you, really. All snark aside I don't think I've ever played a game quite like Crime Boss: Rockay City. It's a massive swing and a big miss, with enough force to crack the sound barrier while the ball stays in the catcher's mitt. It's neither a cynical corporate cringe like Sharknado, nor is it a low-budget dud you'd expect to see a crew of robot puppets heckle. It's weird, loud and uncanny. Frankly I'm surprised Christopher Walken didn't show up.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Unscored
I'm not going to begrudge the Dannys, both Glover and Trejo, a pension. I just cannot fathom the decisions that went into making Crime Boss: Rockay City.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
See how Xbots let y'all have trash games in peace? Remember that the next time you lames wanna throw a parade when Xbox drops a dud

EDIT wait this on Xbox too wtf I've never heard of this garbage in my life

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
See how Xbots let y'all have trash games in peace? Remember that the next time you lames wanna throw a parade when Xbox drops a dud

Xbox lawst again :mjlol:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:russ: