Creatine users, how much do you take in a day?

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hear different opinions on how much is the right amount. 5g's of mono or creapure seems to be the standard, but some bigger lads take in up to 10g's a day. Guy in the gym said because Iam a big boy, 6ft2 18 stone, I should take more than say him. Is that bro science? I also train 3 hours a day in the gym, start at 7am finish at 10am, due to how long I train ,do I need more creatine because Iam burning it off or something? Is that also bro science?

We have a monster in our gym who weight well over 22 stone, and is 6ft 5, he reckons he takes in 15 grams a day of creapure , is he shytting much of that out?

Part of the reason I want to know,is not just for myself, as the boss has roped me in to training a couple of the younger guys,showing them form on various exercises,and if one was to ask, I want to give them correct info.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
all-american-efx-kre-alkalyn-efx-240-cap.jpg

6 pills a day :obama:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah,they say the heavier you get the more dosage you will need.

A 6'1 155 pound dude may only need a scoop

A 6'1 215 pound dude may need two or three scoops

Here is an article bruh:

nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=61

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I just hear different opinions on how much is the right amount. 5g's of mono or creapure seems to be the standard, but some bigger lads take in up to 10g's a day. Guy in the gym said because Iam a big boy, 6ft2 18 stone, I should take more than say him. Is that bro science? I also train 3 hours a day in the gym, start at 7am finish at 10am, due to how long I train ,do I need more creatine because Iam burning it off or something? Is that also bro science?

We have a monster in our gym who weight well over 22 stone, and is 6ft 5, he reckons he takes in 15 grams a day of creapure , is he shytting much of that out?

Part of the reason I want to know,is not just for myself, as the boss has roped me in to training a couple of the younger guys,showing them form on various exercises,and if one was to ask, I want to give them correct info.

i take one tea spoon a day after workouts with gatorade so it can absorb faster

AJW

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Berkshire, England
Anyone know how much creatine in two scoops of SuperPump Max?

Also, anyone here take Glutamine and HMB? I just bought some but have no idea what kinda dosage to use - need something to help cure my DOMS and these seemed to be the most recommended.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores

This has been beaten to death & despite conclusive scientific doctorine.. .people will stay saying 'take X amount Y times for Z amount of days then cycle off' :shaq2:

There is ZERO point in more than 3-5g of creatine, its just a waste. Creatine turnover does not exceed that amount, even if your loading there is NADA benefit in doing so.

Total body creatine pool turnover is ~2 grams per day. So, if you've neared saturation from use of creatine over an extended period of time, then you are not going to retain more than ~2 grams no matter what. ~3 grams (+/- a little dpending upon LBM) is really all that's needed. As you can see from the Cr group below, most of the 10 grams of creatine taken at once goes down the toilet.

5fevdc.jpg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8828669

Just like people who preach glutamine is worth their money...:camby:
Totally not and has 0 benefits for recovery and training/strength related purposes.

Dont always believe what you hear....the Supp industry is somewhat rigged to rake in the cash off unsuspecting meat heads :sas2:

Last edited: