Coworker at work said Common is trash

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
He's 35 and like him and this customer we're just telling me "Do you just hear him or do you actually listen to him because there's a difference" when I said Kendrick is 5 stars and Cole is 4-4.3 stars" then when she leaves he was like Common is trash when I replaced DMX in my top 3(with Rakim and I forgot who else) with him :martin: This other 62 co-worker said he never heard of Common and he knew him for movies before rap and he heard Kanye and Twista before Common and he's from Chicago and didn't leave until like 1999:stopitslime: And I like Gucci being from the A but the younger co-worker got Gucci in his top 3(3)with Eminem(2) and Wayne(1)

He also said Juelz Santana was trash when I said he was up their with Wayne but that's for another time

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't nothing about Common except his track the people, but I was living in Memphis in the 90s and 2000s

He's OK. A lot of people don't care about inspirational lyrical hip hop. It has its place. We want to see bytches twerk and p*ssy pop.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I don't nothing about Common except his track the people, but I was living in Memphis in the 90s and 2000s

He's OK. A lot of people don't care about inspirational lyrical hip hop. It has its place. We want to see bytches twerk and p*ssy pop.
He likes Kendrick though....

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
hes cool i just hate his soft gay voice
i need some hype shyt ala dmx

Nasal voices can be difficult to listen to at times, whether it be rapping or singing.

I wouldn’t ever knock his skills though, and I love The Sixth Sense

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
else) with him :martin: This other 62 co-worker said he never heard of Common and he knew him for movies before rap and he heard Kanye and Twista before Common and he's from Chicago and didn't leave until like 1999:stopitslime:

that’s really not a surprise tho because Common music wasn’t well known out here.

Twista, Do or Die and Crucial Conflict was more popular during the 90’s.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Common has classic material.

One of the best, most clever, most influential records of all time.

And.

One of the most unlikely, best dis tracks that arguably defeated a monster.

He does an amazing stage show.

But.

I don't really like most of his stuff. Similar to LL now that I think about it (except Big Elly has waaaay more hits, longevity, and battle stripes). I can't bang his albums back to back. Nor, in-full even once. Nor a single joint of his that I go back to over and over.

In short.

Solid act. Dope MC with PLENTY of heat. Just not top tier.

He like, top 50