COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
These cacs down the street are having some type of BBQ or somethin like shyt sweet. :francis: I can't stand these people

Dude, last night in the building across from me, someone was having a major party until 1am. They not only said fukk the rona, but fukk city ordinances. They were talking so loud that I thought someone was having a mini block party.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
They really need to stop comparing us to Italy. Yes people are getting sick here, but Italy’s covid seems to be on some other shyt and the geriatric population in Italy isn’t making it any better.

also this report is the same shyt that’s been said the last 2-3 weeks. They fail to take into account human action and act as if we’re just going to idle and not do anything. We already have therapies that look promising and will cut that number severely.
What therapies?

We are already ahead of Italy in the trajectory of cases and we already slowed down on testing in la county.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right now the cases are building up due to us now starting to test more on par with other countries.

1) We have a lower median age than Italy who is tied for 2nd oldest in the world

2) Lower population density, more spread out. The majority of our cases are concentrated in NY (our most densely populated city) which has over 13k cases, after that there's a huge drop off where every other state has like 1000 and under, NY is the epicenter right now in the US. We're 32 times the size of Italy. It seems if we can control NY we should be able slow it in other areas eventually.

3) The number of deaths in the US are not occuring at the same rate as in Italy even though we probably have more infections overall

I know that we haven't tested as much as others but we're supposedly a week or two behind Italy who has 4k+ deaths and counting while we just have 300+ deaths. We would need for people to start dying by the hundreds very soon to catch up and from what is known right now our hospitals are not reporting huge death tolls.

4) We have more ICU beds than anywhere else per capita

5) We have the benefit of having watched other countries get hit first, even with an idiot in office managing the crisis we should be able to learn to some extent more about handling the disease from China, South Korea and Japan.

Again call me stupidly optimistic if you'd like but I'd like to at least have some hope for the future instead of posting all fear mongering/doom and gloom shyt.:yeshrug:

Thank God there’s some hope :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
He’s not calling for martial law, you idiots.

He’s calling for the military to help build temporary hospitals which yeah, if you’ve ever been deployed before is a no-brainer. He’s trying not to run out of supplies or hospital beds.

edit: its comical that this dude in OP left out the most important part and didnt link the article:

I want their medical teams, which are first-rate, I want their logistical support, I want their ability to get stuff from factories all over the country where they're needed most,” he added. “The only force in America that can do it effectively and quickly is the United States military, and they are being sidelined right now by Donald Trump when he should be calling them to the front. This is the front right now.”

@Booker T Garvey is a fukking idiot, don't pay him no mind.