COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They studied 18% of the total COVID-19 fatalities in Italy.

Only 3 deaths were from people with no previous illness. :dead:

The average age of those who have died in Italy, is 79.

Italy got some fuzzy ass math going on over there, brehs.

Fred.

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This seems to have gotten ignored which is :dahell: because it's very interesting.

In addition to having a disproportionately old population....apparently any deaths in hospitals where there are COVID-19 deaths....are lumped in with the COVID-19 deaths. :what:

shyt makes no sense whatsoever. Not saying it's not bad in Italy but this completely fukks up the numbers.

Fred.
But most likely if they didn’t have Coronavirus they would still be alive so it makes sense to lump them together right?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
That would be interesting if true :patrice:

Coronavirus may have been in Italy for weeks before it was detected

The new coronavirus may have circulated in northern Italy for weeks before it was detected, seriously complicating efforts to track and control its rapid spread across Europe.

The claim follows laboratory tests that isolated a strain of the virus from an Italian patient, which showed genetic differences compared with the original strain isolated in China and two Chinese tourists who became sick in Rome.

Massimo Galli, professor of infectious diseases at the University of Milan and director of infectious diseases at the Luigi Sacco hospital in Milan, said preliminary evidence suggested the virus could have been spreading below the radar in the quarantined areas.

“I can’t absolutely confirm any safe estimate of the time of the circulation of the virus in Italy, but … some first evidence suggest that the circulation of the virus is not so recent in Italy,” he said, amid suggestions the virus may have been present since mid-January.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Me too.

I really took regular life for granted :mjcry:

I'm so bored right now that I would be so happy just to hang out with my least favorite friends

Happening to us all
I took for granted just going to a movie on a Saturday night or strolling into a Starbucks late at night and just chilling

even going to a packed mall on the weekend or to a museum etc

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But most likely if they didn’t have Coronavirus they would still be alive so it makes sense to lump them together right?

Eh....not necessarily.

Heart disease counts for 1/3 of all deaths world wide each year. Roughly 17 million people.

In Italy 1/3 of the deaths "from COVID-19" had heart disease.

Saying "if they didn't get COVID-19, would they still be alive?" is true....but it's no less true to say "if they didn't have heart disease, would they still be alive?"

But it's only counting towards one total, COVID-19.

Make sense?

Generally speaking....if you aren't old and/or have a pre-existing health issue....this has a very, very small chance of killing you. In Italy it's basically a two-for-one....old people who are also sick, even before COVID-19.

Fred.