Daps
Reppin
Cali
3tj4ct.jpg

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
If the strain is different then the vaccine would be useless right?
Are antibodies of a Virus specific strain ?

10th Oct, 2017
Annemarie Honegger
University of Zurich
What entirely depends on the epitopes your antibodies recognize and the sequence difference between the strains. A polyclonal antiserum usually contains antibodies against various epitopes and is therefore more likely to show crossreaction between strains than a monoclonal that recognizes only one particular epitop. Of course, there is evolutionary pressure on the viruses to accumulate sequence changes in epitopes recognized by neutralizing antibodies , which may drive the differentiation of strains

I’m studying biochemistry in college. I graduate with my BS in the fall.

Basically; it’s complicated haha.

I’m not nearly credentialed enough to answer this question. Biochemistry is a blossoming field in science and highly information dense. It takes many years of studying in this field to become well adept.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've seen a lot of madness in my life but I get the feeling nothing will top this. This is the major event of our lives. I don't think anything will top this. Some future generation will have a collapse due to global warming that will though. I can't imagine what going through that will be like knowing you can do nothing at that point.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
POLL ANSWER that SHOULD be there...

"The virus is whatever, but it's the response to it and the master plan behind it that's a huge concern"

This is why I checked "none of the above".

Oh and 5 different versions of "serious" was a mistake too.