COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Witnessed a fellow air canada employee walk out of a bathroom stall and proceed to touch up the hand soap dispenser before washing his hands first:picard:

Of course it had to be an ol white man too:mjcry:

Wash yo hands, get yo soap, then lather for 20 seconds. Why cant people comprehend that :mjcry:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I Never understand the people who come in here talking about “you people are sheep and misinformed..why don’t they show charts of people who have recovered..this is all a govt conspiracy and scare tactic ”

But On basically every chart they show...the recovery numbers are usually listed right next to it Lol

believe what you want..all I know is there is nothing to do outside right now
Me and mine still taking walks being active yet still taking precautions
Honestly believe you can only stay inside so much. Getting fresh air is good for you(of course everything in moderation) how long before they Take going outside from us

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

full

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Me and mine still taking walks being active yet still taking precautions
Honestly believe you can only stay inside so much. Getting fresh air is good for you(of course everything in moderation) how long before they Take going outside from us
Tbh, being outside in the open area is probably one of the safest things you can do honestly. If you're at the park in somewhere with sparse traffic folks will be fine. I think everyone should be doing this for mental health. Went out for a walk myself yesterday and plan on doing it in the next half hour myself.

Its open, so even if someone infected cough, its probably will quickly end up on the ground and disperse quickly. As long as you're not right up on them or behind them when it happens, folks will be fine. Folks get in trouble at grocery stores and enclosed spaces more I would imagine.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What are the numbers for this?
This data is from a UK paper using all available information from the Chinese cases - not taking the government numbers at face value but also interpolating based off of people being tested coming out of China which allowed them to estimate how many asymptomatic and undiagnosed cases there were.

xUvIX5N.jpg

Notice that's for symptomatic cases - they estimate that 40-50% of cases are asymptomatic.

When adjusted to UK age demographics it comes out with a overall estimated death rate of 0.9%, though uncertainty puts it 0.4% to 1.4%. That doesn't mean that the same rates will apply to Italy, to USA, etc. But it's a pretty good starting place and I think the numbers seem reasonable from what I've heard of the USA cases.

p.s. - that paper also has crazy numbers for total death tolls. They project based on how many measures to combat the virus the government takes on (not including possible cures/vaccines), and I think for the USA the lowest estimate was around 20,000 deaths over 18 months and the highest (if the government did nothing) was like 2,000,000.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

China is lying their fukking ass off. Its par for the course for their government. A government that tells its scientists to destroy samples and censor them when this was first discovered back in November, is a government you can never trust a word they say.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out they are taking sick patients away to be "taken care of". :francis:

Speaking of which, one country almost impossible to hear from is North Korea. Either their isolation has truly spared them or shyt is going on we will never find out about.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
So much misinformation, mixed with half truths and fear mongering even on sites like this, the rest of social media.. but I digress on that..

On the ground I’m an rPH & ER CC @ two major hospitals here, (children’s Dallas, Baylor).

In pediatrics, no confirmed cases but a few presumptive positive tests that ultimately came back negative. I’m sure this just in not in a major city like
Dallas but everywhere. ER’s are just flooded, every person with a cough thinks they have it..

Most are staying at the hospital and getting critical needs pay due to staffing shortages.. I haven’t been home since Monday, been at the hospitals..

Trials are going on for Hydroxychloroquine which treats lupus but it did help some in Washington state and NY. Tamiflu as well.

The good news is a lot of people may have it and be asymptomatic and it does nothing to them, but if they spread it to the wrong person the results can be different..

As a healthcare professional the thing that has me irritated is the misinformation, let’s focus on the US. Yes the number of corona cases are rising and that’s ALL YOU HEAR on this site from posters, news, etc...

NO one is talking about the overwhelming vast majority of people have positive tests and are recovering in a week or less... You can skew numbers for headlines.

When more tests are readily available and people follow the restrictions, we can get a good handle on this in a month or so.

There are a lot of moving parts but it’s hard to treat viral infection like this if you don’t have the built up immunity to handle it which is why flu shots are stressed, you have a TYPE A, B, but this like a version of type C..

Stay safe. And Thank You for your service

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So much misinformation, mixed with half truths and fear mongering even on sites like this, the rest of social media.. but I digress on that..

On the ground I’m an rPH & ER CC @ two major hospitals here, (children’s Dallas, Baylor).

In pediatrics, no confirmed cases but a few presumptive positive tests that ultimately came back negative. I’m sure this just in not in a major city like
Dallas but everywhere. ER’s are just flooded, every person with a cough thinks they have it..

Most are staying at the hospital and getting critical needs pay due to staffing shortages.. I haven’t been home since Monday, been at the hospitals..

Trials are going on for Hydroxychloroquine which treats lupus but it did help some in Washington state and NY. Tamiflu as well.

The good news is a lot of people may have it and be asymptomatic and it does nothing to them, but if they spread it to the wrong person the results can be different..

As a healthcare professional the thing that has me irritated is the misinformation, let’s focus on the US. Yes the number of corona cases are rising and that’s ALL YOU HEAR on this site from posters, news, etc...

NO one is talking about the overwhelming vast majority of people have positive tests and are recovering in a week or less... You can skew numbers for headlines.

When more tests are readily available and people follow the restrictions, we can get a good handle on this in a month or so.

There are a lot of moving parts but it’s hard to treat viral infection like this if you don’t have the built up immunity to handle it which is why flu shots are stressed, you have a TYPE A, B, but this like a version of type C..

Thank you for your service brehs