COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I'm going to keep posting it because this actually might be an answer

Testing of coronavirus "cure" set to start in Australia in weeks, while first participant in U.S. vaccine trial due to get first dose today

Professor David Paterson, director of the University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, told Australian website News.com.au that his team used two existing drugs to deactivate the new coronavirus named SARS-CoV- 2 (not to be confused with the virus which causes SARS), in test tubes. One drug is used against HIV and the other, called chloroquine, treats malaria.

Paterson said the HIV drug was given to some of the first patients to be diagnosed with COVID-19 in Australia, and caused the "disappearance of the virus." The patients have since recovered, he said.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Atlanta police chief says half a dozen officers out sick with coronavirus symptoms
t_4250c6184cb64191b13d29587a6c9e4d_name_iconic_ba14.jpg

By: Dave Huddleston
Updated: March 16, 2020 - 8:52 PM
ATLANTA — Atlanta's police chief said she has more than a half dozen officers out sick with symptoms similar to coronavirus, but they haven't been tested.

"When they reach out to their doctors, the doctors aren’t testing them," said Police Chief Erika Shields. "They are just telling them to stay home, so we’re in that gray space.”

Shields said that when there is an emerging virus or sickness, it's the officers and first responders who put their lives on the line. Shields said that is the case here.

Content Continues Below

"We’ve been training our officers in first aid and first responder trauma for a few years now, but at the end of the day, you know what? When stuff unfolds for us, it unfolds real time," Shields said.

TRENDING STORIES:

Shields said until those 7 or 8 officers get tested, the department isn't taking any chances.

"We decontaminated several work sites this weekend, and most importantly, we're doing our job," Shields told Huddleston.

Shields wants the public to know that her 1,875 officers have been trained to take precautionary steps while they protect and serve during an uncertain time.

"We’re not allowing individuals off for vacation, but people still have off days," Shield said. "the way I’m viewing this is that it's going to be a marathon. This isn’t going to resolved itself in two weeks."

Shields wants the public to know that if you need help, don’t hesitate to call 911. That is the priority.

Again! This was known at about 9am this morning. They are trying to stagger the announcements

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its time for a worldwide effort to end the Republican Party altogether. Now they put humans from other countries and continents at risk of mass extinction. :camby:

They are war criminals that need to get locked up.
:hubie:Ive actually come around to voting this year. The shyt ive been seeing has me ready to start a damn website. Folks may not wanna hear it, but there are reasons folks need to get politically active.

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
I'm way too much of a pessimist to believe in best case scenarios, I'm expecting the worst. My faith in people doing the right thing was already low, after going out to the store this weekend and seeing what I saw online first hand, it's non existent. This country ain't built to deal with something like this.

Yep. We are fckin short. This is going to demolish the country and our lives will be forever changed bc we have inadequate leadership and people are too damn selfish to do the right thing to contain it.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I remember HIV drugs did work back when Wuhan's numbers were exploding. So, it makes sense. Then again though, it's most likely not as easy as 2+2 = 4, so it still may be a good wait until it's ready to go.

Yeah, we'll see. It's good for people to be informed about what they are working on though. If somebody here catches it, they can know what to ask about.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I know... we're the govt but of you need those respirators and other equipment, maybe you can get it yourself...:mjgrin:

Cac nikka you just materialized damn near a TRILLION dollars outta thin air to bail out the fukking airlines with loans and asian american businesses!!! suck my big black dikk!!!:why: