COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Fauci said there’s no definitive answer for when life returns to ‘normal'
By Lateshia Beachum
In a Tuesday morning conversation with The Washington Post’s David Ignatius, Anthony S. Fauci was hesitant to name a season or give a time frame about when life in the United States would return to how it was before the pandemic.

“You cannot give a definite answer when you have so many moving parts,” he said. “When you give a definitive time, they’ll say: ‘Oh! The scientists were wrong.’ It depends on so many factors.”

Issues with mutations and vaccine hesitancy could be barriers to reaching some normalcy by fall even as the federal government ramps up its coordination of vaccine rollouts with local governments and tries to expedite doses, Fauci said.

The Biden administration is trying to get as many people as possible vaccinated — a step that could help slow virus mutations, he said.

“If we really want to talk about truly approaching reality, we have to attack this at the global level,” he said, citing the World Health Organization’s Covax program as an example of countries partnering to fight the virus. “Wherever there’s transmission and viral outbreak throughout the world, the U.S. will always be in danger no matter what we do.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...test-updates/#link-TJBEQXEKKFAF7BX37GHA7MTMDE

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
The new variants are bigger issues than what's being suggested. I think 2021 is a wrap. They are slowing walking back all of the projections they previously made. If reinfection is in fact possible with the new variants, we are screwed. The vaccine is about to be invalidated.

Do you think 2022 would be a wrap as well??

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Fauci said there’s no definitive answer for when life returns to ‘normal'
By Lateshia Beachum
In a Tuesday morning conversation with The Washington Post’s David Ignatius, Anthony S. Fauci was hesitant to name a season or give a time frame about when life in the United States would return to how it was before the pandemic.

“You cannot give a definite answer when you have so many moving parts,” he said. “When you give a definitive time, they’ll say: ‘Oh! The scientists were wrong.’ It depends on so many factors.”

Issues with mutations and vaccine hesitancy could be barriers to reaching some normalcy by fall even as the federal government ramps up its coordination of vaccine rollouts with local governments and tries to expedite doses, Fauci said.

The Biden administration is trying to get as many people as possible vaccinated — a step that could help slow virus mutations, he said.

“If we really want to talk about truly approaching reality, we have to attack this at the global level,” he said, citing the World Health Organization’s Covax program as an example of countries partnering to fight the virus. “Wherever there’s transmission and viral outbreak throughout the world, the U.S. will always be in danger no matter what we do.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...test-updates/#link-TJBEQXEKKFAF7BX37GHA7MTMDE

Oh! He’s moonwalking again. :mjlol:

He previously said we’d be headed for normality by the fall. He knows there is no chance for that.

CriminalBouncyHalicore-small.gif

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh! He’s moonwalking again. :mjlol:

He previously said we’d be headed for normality by the fall. He knows there is no chance for that.

CriminalBouncyHalicore-small.gif
What field do you personally claim to be an expert in? Let me know so I can cut you down casually and berate you for your utter incompetence when your genius is tested by a brand new foreign agent

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
What field do you personally claim to be an expert in? Let me know so I can cut you down casually and berate you for your utter incompetence when your genius is tested by a brand new foreign agent

That’s fair that this is totally foreign, but give the people the truth and quit sugarcoating the shyt. I appreciate the fact that he’s sounding more forthcoming these days, and that probably can be attributed some to the new regime, but the rollout to the public has been ridiculous from masks all the way to the vaccine. He was throwing dates and estimates around which seemed disingenuous. This is life or death. Don’t worry about pleasing the people.

We’ll see how they proceed now. The team Biden has put together for this task force is strong

Dreamchaser

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Do you think 2022 would be a wrap as well??
I'm not an expert, but you have to guess that if they are pushing for everyone to get the first shot while not holding back on the second shot, then my assumption is that they know that the new variants are bad. On top of that they are suggesting that the vaccine companies make a booster. If they are making booster, that would only make it longer to have people inoculated. These are huge problems and challenges that need to be undertaken by the government.

I'll add that the airlines industry is suggesting the industry will get back up in 2023. So my guess would be sometime in 2022 we will get back to something we saw in 2019.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oxford coronavirus vaccine shows sustained protection of 76% during the 3-month interval until the second dose | University of Oxford
Looking pretty good :yeshrug:

Oxford coronavirus vaccine shows sustained protection of 76% during the 3-month interval until the second dose
RESEARCHCORONAVIRUSCOVID-19 VACCINE
  • Analyses reveal single standard dose efficacy from day 22 to day 90 post vaccination of 76% with protection not falling in this three-month period
  • After the second dose vaccine efficacy from two standard doses is 82.4% with the 3-month interval being used in the UK. (82.4% effective, with a 95% confidence interval of 62.7% - 91.7% at 12+ weeks)
  • Data supports the 4-12 week prime-boost dosing interval recommended by many global regulators