could gangs be classified as terrorist organizations umder the patriot act?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
i was just thinking because of in light of the chicago crime spree could the gangs be accused as terrorist organizations bringin detriment to america and thus get gitmo'ed? I dont put shyt past cracker jim and his cohorts :comeon:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Actually yes. Gangs have been federally prosecuted under the u.s rico act for operating as a criminal entity and or criminal enterprise. But specificlly, I have yet to note a single gang bein actually prosecuted under patriot act. The patriot act seems to be directed as foreign terrorists organizations I.e (al quieda,) I feel that colorado mass shooter James Holmes should be federaly prosecuted under the US patriot act for his actions a few months ago:whoo:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
i wish... but if that was the case then protesters could fall under it as well

Daps
Reppin
St louis
gangs,the klan,skinheads,jehovah's witness ect.......
a0yqua.jpg

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I think gangs are catergorized as "organized crime" as opposed to "terrorists" with the FBI, HLS and the other feds

From what I can tell violence is a byproduct of organized crime, but not the overall objective. The way that terrorism is applied via the Patriot Act seems like it would have to be an organized group or invididuals with the specific ideology of planning an attack with the intent to disrupt, coerce etc.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I think gangs are catergorized as "organized crime" as opposed to "terrorists" with the FBI, HLS and the other feds

From what I can tell violence is a byproduct of organized crime, but not the overall objective. The way that terrorism is applied via the Patriot Act seems like it would have to be an organized group or invididuals with the specific ideology of planning an attack with the intent to disrupt, coerce etc.

isnt just classifying them as one convenient for the govt to fukk em up? We know uncle sam dont play fair​

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

isnt just classifying them as one convenient for the govt to fukk em up? We know uncle sam dont play fair​

I think so. Like someone else said, I don't understand why the Colorado shooter didn't get hit with that charge. I can understand why the Bloods and Crips aren't, but when people specifically act or come together to plan random attacks on folks to cause fear then it sounds like terror to me.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
You can't really prosecute a criminal organization using the PATRIOT Act. The PATRIOT Act is more of an granting of powers to federal authorities rather than a criminal prosecution act like RICO.

Actual domestic terrorists still get arrested by the FBI and sent to federal prison, the PATRIOT act covers enemy combatants.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La

precisely.