Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
"...I'm going to repeal and replace Obama care with something beautiful, much better, on day 1..."
As fun as it is to dunk on Trump, this ain't about him alone. Biden has no plan to bring people who are not employed under coverage. The American government does not take care of the people in this country. That is the issue. We were told for years that its expensive to provide universal healthcare for everyone and that it makes sense to tie it to employment. Now in the middle of a global pandemic, 5.4 million people lost health insurance as they lost their jobs. No other industrial nation has this problem.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
As fun as it is to dunk on Trump, this ain't about him alone. Biden has no plan to bring people who are not employed under coverage. The American government does not take care of the people in this country. That is the issue. We were told for years that its expensive to provide universal healthcare for everyone and that it makes sense to tie it to employment. Now in the middle of a global pandemic, 5.4 million people lost health insurance as they lost their jobs. No other industrial nation has this problem.

Totally hear you, and yes, I'm always down to make fun at trumps expense.

That said however, healthcare in the US is a mess and while not perfect, The ACA was an attempt to make (some) corrections and the stripped down version that was approved became Obamacare.

Trump and his administration further handicapped the program which has created additional problems without solving any of those that already existed in the program. He's not completely to blame, but he is certainly part of the problem. And since his promise was to repeal and replace and we've gotten none of that, he needs to hold that one.

Regarding Biden's intentions regarding healthcare, TBH, I haven't looked at his site to review anything he's got there regarding direction/thoughts. Anything you can link up that can help me check it out would be :salute:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Totally hear you, and yes, I'm always down to make fun at trumps expense.

That said however, healthcare in the US is a mess and while not perfect, The ACA was an attempt to make (some) corrections and the stripped down version that was approved became Obamacare.

Trump and his administration further handicapped the program which has created additional problems without solving any of those that already existed in the program. He's not completely to blame, but he is certainly part of the problem. And since his promise was to repeal and replace and we've gotten none of that, he needs to hold that one.

Regarding Biden's intentions regarding healthcare, TBH, I haven't looked at his site to review anything he's got there regarding direction/thoughts. Anything you can link up that can help me check it out would be :salute:
What's in, and out, of Biden's health care plan
Plan to Protect and Build on Obamacare | Joe Biden

My hope is that things get so bad next year that Biden will have no choice.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Philly is canceling all large scale events for at least the next 6 months. I've accepted that we'd be in this position for a while but it sucks to see the concrete cancellations. Really annoys me how all we had to do was have some self control and patience for like a month (aided with proper govt assistance of course) and we wouldn't even be having these type of conversations. The US is taking a colossal L right now

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Philly is canceling all large scale events for at least the next 6 months. I've accepted that we'd be in this position for a while but it sucks to see the concrete cancellations. Really annoys me how all we had to do was have some self control and patience for like a month (aided with proper govt assistance of course) and we wouldn't even be having these type of conversations. The US is taking a colossal L right now

and at the rate we are going the worst is yet to come , school reopening will be the biggest mistake yet even if some counties do it and other don't , the consequences will be grave , also with winter on its way, wait til we see mas occurrences of this happening Is it possible to catch the flu and coronavirus at the same time?

ThisIsLife

Energy ⚡
Daps
Reppin
Near Philly
This is a true lesson needed for Americans.

Hopefully it won't take 200,000+ deaths for us to wake up. Too many stubborn people (top to bottom) for this to be a reality anytime soon, unfortunately.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

We have imploded and we continue to intensify the damage. They tried to white privilege / supremacist and stunt on a virus and are clueless that it isn't gone.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
and at the rate we are going the worst is yet to come , school reopening will be the biggest mistake yet even if some counties do it and other don't , the consequences will be grave , also with winter on its way, wait til we see mas occurrences of this happening Is it possible to catch the flu and coronavirus at the same time?
Yeah the schools thing is WILD. Hella companies including mine have already committed to not going back to the office for the rest of this year.... yet people think it's fine to pack schools in flu season. smh

Hopefully it won't take 200,000+ deaths for us to wake up. Too many stubborn people (top to bottom) for this to be a reality anytime soon, unfortunately.

If people haven't learned their lesson by now with the current death toll, then they wont imo. Based on the country RN I only see two options:

1. The current ignorance plays out in perpetuity
2. Eventually some crazy laws will be passed to curb stupidity

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Unfortunately I think it will take that. People aren't taking the recent spike in cases seriously because the death rate is low. I've heard too many people tell me that the spike in cases doesn't mean anything because the deaths are low. People aren't going to take it seriously until the bodies start dropping.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately I think it will take that. People aren't taking the recent spike in cases seriously because the death rate is low. I've heard to my people tell me that the spike in cases doesn't meet anything because the deaths are low.
People aren't going to take it seriously until the bodies start dropping.
But there is a lot of unreported stuff with the fatality rate that doesn't get factor. DOA by emergency services. Undetermined cases increase from last year. Pneumonia death being on the rise.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
174423bad1ca73a2097c6b4ae78b9887ac610a24.jpg