Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
August and September are going to be an absolute shyt show, with cases surging, unemployment running out, schools being forced to reopen, and whatever the hell the big four sports leagues end up doing.

I fully expect even more people to start going to work knowing they have Covid or Covid symptoms because they literally cannot afford to have their workplace shut down again.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
August and September are going to be an absolute shyt show, with cases surging, unemployment running out, schools being forced to reopen, and whatever the hell the big four sports leagues end up doing.

I fully expect even more people to start going to work knowing they have Covid or Covid symptoms because they literally cannot afford to have their workplace shut down again.
I was listening to podcast on health inequity the other day and it brought up some good points.

Without a safety net in place we will only see cases continue to rise.

How can we expect people to quarantine when their only monetary means of survival is through in person labor intensive work. If they don’t show up they don’t get paid. There’s no paid sick leave. A lot of Americans in the underpaid workforce also have the least amount of benefits. Theres a fear of testing positive because it means time off from work and then they won’t be able to pay their bills.

In addition to this, if they have a family on top of being a low wage earner then it’s unlikely that they will be able to efficiently self isolate from others. Also there’s a fear of going to the doctor then finding out they other expensive problems that they can’t afford to treat / address. What’s just $200-500 to me, makes a world of difference to someone, making the minimum wage.

We must protect vulnerable and at risk populations, especially since a significant portion of them are black.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Schools won’t be forced open. Even most red states are taking this slow to ensure it doesn’t implode. We’ll see what happens but if schools open it won’t be due to Trump. I think schools in many areas will end up getting closed after teachers and staff get sick. Not to mention all the kids with asthma who may be in danger. All it’s going to take is one kid dying for all hell to break loose.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps
This isn't really on the American people, no matter party affiliation.

The federal government never openly endorsed masks for people who were on the fence about wearing them nor provided proper resources for people to attain masks that wanted to wear them.

Complete and utter failure by the federal government. :thumbsdown: