Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I seriously doubt we will have Education this years in the United States; so companies will be facing this new threat, parents needing to work from home because what if the kid is special needs? This is something that the United States will need figure out going forward.

Also, in a sense, people who scoffed at Bernie Sander's idea, or at least though America's Healthcare System was #1, will now begin to regret going to the club for drinks. Because 1. They got COVID from it. 2. They best start getting ready to die on benches; this is just L.A. County but it goes for every major metro.

Also, for those with Tinfoil, talking about herd immunity.

:francis: no schooling at any level, inconsistent recovery rates preventing herd immunity, folks ignoring quarantine because they cant trust officials, hospitals at full capacity.... this is a borderline nightmare scenario

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I might have to get a mask like Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Covering your mouth and nose is definitely effective in preventing you from spreading air particles. They aren’t effective in protecting you though. That’s why I said you need n95 and higher. (You all can cop these on eBay too)

So if everyone wears them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

So if the majority of people wear them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

So if a lot of people wear them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

Not to mention this ditty which shows a reduction in initial viral inoculum which is a major determinant of the severity of the infection.

J2BOQoJ.png

It’s Not Whether You Were Exposed to the Virus. It’s How Much.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
The "bu but muh privacy..." crowd killed it before it got started good.

The technology is useful in the short term while we're dealing with the virus. People should feel free to stop using/authorizing it once this is all over.
It's just sad bc if you look at any country that has handled this well... robust contact tracing is a huge part of it

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
So if everyone wears them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

So if the majority of people wear them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

So if a lot of people wear them... by inductive reasoning we can reasonably conclude ... :ld:

Not to mention this ditty which shows a reduction in initial viral inoculum which is a major determinant of the severity of the infection.

J2BOQoJ.png

It’s Not Whether You Were Exposed to the Virus. It’s How Much.
me and you are agreeing.

The issue isn't about me wearing a mask. Its about if others will wear a mask. I went to a 7-11 just outside of DC on Saturday morning. I walk in and the people paying at the register were not wearing a mask. Not everyone is following. Another breh had on a something akin to a Tshirt.

I might have to get a mask like Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas

This is the one I have, 3M is selling it.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. To survive cancer at the age of 2 only to be intentionally exposed to corona and then treated with bs drugs and die. Mother needs to be hung.
Also a pertinent question needs to be asked. Was the mother this batshyt crazy when the kid survived cancer?

There had to be treatment involved in curing her.

Also, isn't it funny how this is uglier than something like abortion but she will get a pass for basically killing her daughter?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Told my mom I wasn't doing holidays this year. She wasn't mad but I could tell she thinks things may change as we get closer to late November. But nah, things are gonna get worse. It's clear people have decided that they do not give a fukk. Maybe when more hospitals start instituting "death panels" (letting people who are older or already sickly) they'll realize this is serious.

The deaths are not the only number. The hospitalization number is more important. If hospitals hit their capacity level it's game over.

Btw congrats to Trump for dismantling those army hospitals and tents a month ago. Brilliant idea...

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Told my mom I wasn't doing holidays this year. She wasn't mad but I could tell she thinks things may change as we get closer to late November. But nah, things are gonna get worse. It's clear people have decided that they do not give a fukk. Maybe when more hospitals start instituting "death panels" (letting people who are older or already sickly) they'll realize this is serious.

The deaths are not the only number. The hospitalization number is more important. If hospitals hit their capacity level it's game over.

Btw congrats to Trump for dismantling those army hospitals and tents a month ago. Brilliant idea...
You are right. When the hospitals are at capacity. People start deciding who lives or dies.

That alone should be enough warning for black people to stay the fukk indoors.