Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not exactly. Airborne diseases are small and stay in the air for a long time and can travel w/ air currents. Airboune shyt are so small that they can come out of a person just by exhaling. Droplets are heavier and don't stay in the air long. Droplets almost immediately fall when a person coughs, sneezes and talks.

Understanding the Difference Between Airborne and Droplet Precautions | Functional Pathways | Therapy that exceeds expectations

So what this means is there is nothing we can do until we get a cure, or they start Mass producing n95 and above masks For everyone.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm: Questions for those who have been following proper protocol this whole time:

what's your long term plans? I don't see us having a legit vaccine for 18 months, I also think we are going to have at least 2 more waves of infections

I like most people have a mix of family and friends who are varying in their responses some are taking this seriously some think it's not even a big deal. The ones who don't take seriously are starting to get annoyed by how serious am taking it, I've had to decline several invitations to gatherings and here in a couple of weeks will have to decline a invitation to a wedding (which was made months before this started)

My job is giving us a extension until mid August and then they want everyone back but will let people request extensions (which I will)

I'm relatively healthy, no underlying conditions.
I'm not going anywhere but the grocery store and barber shop. I plan on only going to the barber early in the morning, before a crowd arrives. It'll be the old heads in there and me lol.

I'm not going to Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas. One of my brothers is reckless and I have a feeling he's gonna give my parents this shyt. He goes to their house often. Meanwhile I haven't seen my parents since March, outside of stopping by in my car to wave and talk from the drive way while they're on the porch.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
N95 mask, eyewear/faceshield/ gown/ hair net/gloves/ shoe covers.... Shoe covers are optional.

Negative pressure rooms

Just a stricter Droplet Precaution

Negative pressure isolation is for Airborne precautions breh.

Droplet is just 6 feet distancing.

Also COVID is a enhanced contact precautions too just like C Diff

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Masks less then N95 can be effective too.

Try and spit through a surgical mask...

Covering your mouth and nose is definitely effective in preventing you from spreading air particles. They aren’t effective in protecting you though. That’s why I said you need n95 and higher. (You all can cop these on eBay too)