Coronavirus Thread: Worldwide Pandemic

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:jbhmm: Questions for those who have been following proper protocol this whole time:

what's your long term plans? I don't see us having a legit vaccine for 18 months, I also think we are going to have at least 2 more waves of infections

I like most people have a mix of family and friends who are varying in their responses some are taking this seriously some think it's not even a big deal. The ones who don't take seriously are starting to get annoyed by how serious am taking it, I've had to decline several invitations to gatherings and here in a couple of weeks will have to decline a invitation to a wedding (which was made months before this started)

My job is giving us a extension until mid August and then they want everyone back but will let people request extensions (which I will)

I'm relatively healthy, no underlying conditions.
My job has already said we are remote until Labor Day. DC isn't seeing a spike in infections even with the protests

I haven't gone to any social gatherings since March

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
o43da8oxg2951.jpg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: Questions for those who have been following proper protocol this whole time:

what's your long term plans? I don't see us having a legit vaccine for 18 months, I also think we are going to have at least 2 more waves of infections

I like most people have a mix of family and friends who are varying in their responses some are taking this seriously some think it's not even a big deal. The ones who don't take seriously are starting to get annoyed by how serious am taking it, I've had to decline several invitations to gatherings and here in a couple of weeks will have to decline a invitation to a wedding (which was made months before this started)

My job is giving us a extension until mid August and then they want everyone back but will let people request extensions (which I will)

I'm relatively healthy, no underlying conditions.

My job has already said we are remote until Labor Day. DC isn't seeing a spike in infections even with the protests

I haven't gone to any social gatherings since March
same to the whole post. im in mass

got a couple vegas trips on the books for the rest of the year, probably just gonna cancel. this shyt sucks but going out and getting drunk isnt really worth dying over

plus ive lost 15 pounds since march :takedat: shootin for 8 more to get to 180

im not sure why people are getting fat on the lockdown :dead: its pretty simple, this shyt forced me to stop drinking and eating bullshyt. just working from home, eating chicken and doing pushups and situps every hour

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
same to the whole post. im in mass

got a couple vegas trips on the books for the rest of the year, probably just gonna cancel. this shyt sucks but going out and getting drunk isnt really worth dying over

plus ive lost 15 pounds since march :takedat: shootin for 8 more to get to 180

im not sure why people are getting fat on the lockdown :dead: its pretty simple, this shyt forced me to stop drinking and eating bullshyt. just working from home, eating chicken and doing pushups and situps every hour

No point in going to Vegas unless your sole purpose is to gamble. The entertainment end of Vegas is completely closed and the sports book is pretty much dead unless you want to watch golf

:mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No point in going to Vegas unless your sole purpose is to gamble. The entertainment end of Vegas is completely closed and the sports book is pretty much dead unless you want to watch golf

:mjlol:
yea :dead: shyt is all refundable so its whatever. playin it by ear

got a room at caesars palace the week before the election :lolbron: i think im gonna hit that up regardless. could be the end of america as we know it, the next week :huhldup:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
In West Texas, Lingering Distrust in Public Health Measures as Virus Spreads

But that has not won Mr. Abbott support on the right. Instead, many conservatives have strongly criticized the steps that Mr. Abbott has taken — such as closing bars and limiting restaurant service, as well as the mask requirement — in response to the huge increase in cases.

“There’s a lot of frustration that the governor is not giving our nation a contrasted worldview to that of California or New York,” said Luke Macias, a conservative Republican political consultant in Texas who said that Mr. Abbott had not offered a conservative vision of how to deal with the crisis. “With Abbott, he’s tried to have his cake and eat it too; he wants to not protect your individual liberty and then say he is.”

Before Mr. Abbott’s latest order, mayors in West Texas had blocked efforts to require residents to wear masks while inside stores, in some cases linking their opposition to disgust with leaders in Austin and Washington.

“Free Americans, and free Texans, must not allow a fractious, divided and politically motivated body of values lightweights to dictate day-to-day living,” Mayor Patrick Payton of Midland said at a news conference on Wednesday.

Gabrielle Ellison was elated to hear that message. Ms. Ellison is the owner of Big Daddy Zane’s, a bar in Odessa that attracted national attention in May after it joined with other businesses in Texas and, aided by men carrying assault rifles, reopened in defiance of state restrictions.

Ms. Ellison said she was defying the state’s order again and keeping her bar open. She has joined a statewide lawsuit over the governor’s closures.

“To me that is a life-and-death situation,” she said. “I can’t feed my family. My bartenders can’t feed their families.”

If anything, she said, the aggressive growth of coronavirus cases in Odessa made her more confident in reopening. “It has affected it in a more positive way,” she said. “We’re having people survive,” she said, adding, “Let’s just let this run its course.”

@ADevilYouKhow @88m3 any idea what a "conservative vision...to deal with the crisis" is?

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

I want to laugh but ugh

the fact they’ve let their culture war bs boil over into a fukking pandemic/public health crisis is incredible and damning

like this is so fukking ignorant and he’s a “political consultant”

“There’s a lot of frustration that the governor is not giving our nation a contrasted worldview to that of California or New York,”

just listen to the fukking experts and fukk Trump for having the federal government do absolutely nothing during this shyt