Cops just having fun out there

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bottled-water purchase leads to night in jail for UVa student - The Daily Progress: News

When a half-dozen men and a woman in street clothes closed in on University of Virginia student Elizabeth Daly, 20, she and two roommates panicked.

That led to Daly spending a night and an afternoon in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. Her initial offense? Walking to her car with bottled water, cookie dough and ice cream just purchased from the Harris Teeter in the Barracks Road Shopping Center for a sorority benefit fundraiser.

A group of state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents clad in plainclothes approached her, suspecting the blue carton of LaCroix sparkling water to be a 12-pack of beer. Police say one of the agents jumped on the hood of her car. She says one drew a gun. Unsure of who they were, Daly tried to flee the darkened parking lot.

"They were showing unidentifiable badges after they approached us, but we became frightened, as they were not in anything close to a uniform," she recalled Thursday in a written account of the April 11 incident.

"I couldn't put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car. They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were ... terrified," Daly stated.

Charlottesville Commonwealth's Attorney Dave Chapman read Daly's account and said it was factually consistent.

Prosecutors say she apologized profusely when she realized who the agents were. But that wasn't good enough for ABC agents, who charged her with three felonies. Prosecutors withdrew those charges Thursday in Charlottesville General District Court, but Daly still can't understand why she sat in jail.
"This has been an extremely trying experience," she wrote. "It is something to this day I cannot understand or believe has come to this point."

A gents at ABC's regional office in Staunton deferred to the agency's public affairs office in Richmond. Spokeswoman Carol Mawyer would not provide details of the arrest or ABC's investigative procedures, except to say that all agents wear plainclothes and carry metal badges.

Agents charged Daly with two counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer and one count of eluding police, all Class 6 felonies carrying a maximum penalty of five years in prison and $2,500 in fines per offense.

Chapman said he'd never encountered a situation like this in his 34 years of experience.

"It wouldn't be the right thing to do to prosecute this," he said, noting that no one was hurt during the exchange, which took place around 10:15 p.m.
Daly incurred the assault charges when she "grazed" two agents with her SUV, according to court records. She drove the SUV past the agents after her front-seat passenger, in a panic, yelled at Daly to "go, go, go" and climbed into the rear of the vehicle to gain space from the men on her side of the car, the records state.

The woman was on edge after spending the night listening to stories from dozens of sexual assault survivors at an annual "Take Back the Night" vigil on Grounds, said Daly's defense attorney, Francis Lawrence.

The women dialed 911 as they pulled out of the parking lot to report what was happening and ask whether the agents were police officers. Daly said she was planning to drive to a police station. She stopped the SUV nearby for an agent driving a vehicle with lights and sirens, Chapman said.

Chapman stood by the agents' decision to file charges, citing faith in a process that yielded an appropriate resolution.

"You don't know all the facts until you complete the investigation," he said.

So cops now need a whole crew, guns drawn, to prevent young girls from buying water, cookie dough, and ice cream?:mindblown:

shyt reminds of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqD7Apl51k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvqD7Apl51k[/ame]

:laff:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where The Pig Lovers At
Get In Here And Tell Us How What They Are Doimg Is Necessary To Public Safety

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cop lover checking...I've never had a problem and 2 females in my fam were saved by cops...yes there are bad cops just like any other field. You guys have a right to your opinion...i,m out

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Cop lover checking...I've never had a problem and 2 females in my fam were saved by cops...yes there are bad cops just like any other field. You guys have a right to your opinion...i,m out

What does a pigs a$$hole taste like? :patrice:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Until They Run Up On You And Smash Your Head Into A Fence ... And If Try To Avoid Impact Your Cited For Resisting Arrest, Obstruction Of Justic , Dusorxerly Conduct And Assault On An Officer ....

Carry On

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
The cops were only doing their job. They keep us safe. I already feel so much safer.

hitler.gif

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Until They Run Up On You And Smash Your Head Into A Fence ... And If Try To Avoid Impact Your Cited For Resisting Arrest, Obstruction Of Justic , Dusorxerly Conduct And Assault On An Officer ....

Carry On

Shrugs shoulders sucks for you...never happened to anyone I know... go cops...keep taking the scum down

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The issue I have with cops is their refusal to check fellow officers who abuse their power. They have their IA division, but it shouldn't have to get to that point when they can just simply use common sense when they see another cop doing stupid shyt. SOme of these cops just don't know right from wrong.:whoo:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue I have with cops is their refusal to check fellow officers who abuse their power. They have their AI division, but it shouldn't have to get to that point when they can just simply use common sense when they see another cop doing stupid shyt. SOme of these cops just don't know right from wrong.:whoo:

Oh so what you are saying is cops who are human...which we know humans are flawed...aren't perfect...I don't understand why people expect cops to be perfect...s they are corrupt...but not all. Anyways I have no reason to hate cops I've had good encounters but then again I live in a city with mostly hispanic cops.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh so what you are saying is cops who are human...which we know humans are flawed...aren't perfect...I don't understand why people expect cops to be perfect...s they are corrupt...but not all. Anyways I have no reason to hate cops I've had good encounters but then again I live in a city with mostly hispanic cops.

The fukk kind of response is this?:huhldup:

Breh, if you see another person kicking another person already down on the ground in handcuffs, do you pile on? If see fellow colleagues jumping in and piling on, wouldn't it be prudent for you to stop them and be like "brehs, he's leaking all over the place, it's time to stop"?

In this specific case that I posted, was it really necessary for a gang of plain-clothes police officers to approach a young woman, guns drawn, simply because they assumed she bought alcohol?

Use your head breh.:snoop:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fukk kind of response is this?:huhldup:

Breh, if you see another person kicking another person already down on the ground in handcuffs, do you pile on? If see fellow colleagues jumping in and piling on, wouldn't it be prudent for you to stop them and be like "brehs, he's leaking all over the place, it's time to stop"?

In this specific case that I posted, was it really necessary for a gang of plain-clothes police officers to approach a young woman, guns drawn, simply because they assumed she bought alcohol?

Use your head breh.:snoop:

I'm sorry we see things differently my encounters have been good with them...plus like I said 2 women in my fam were saved by cops...one from rape and possibly murder and the other from murder. I'm not trying to change your opinion I'm not into...anyways this is obviously the wrong thread for me...take care guys

Daps
Alcoholic Beverage Control? :dead:

I thought this was an Onion article with them taking about "ABC agents" this and "ABC agents" that....talk about the Alphabet Boys :pachaha:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I've never been abused by cops..

but the issue I have with their role in society is were so disillusioned to think that they are actually helping and were benefiting from it..i view them as like a side affects to a sickness, and you can't get rid of of the side affect, unless you focus on the root of the problem. they aren't protecting and helping society, they are "controlling" what benefits the state.

"You have the emergence in human society of this thing that's called
The State. What is the State? The State is this organized bureaucracy
It is the police department. It is the Army, the Navy. It is the prison
System, the courts, and what have you. This is the State; it is a repressive
Organization. But the state and gee well, you know, you've got to have the
Police because if there were no police, look at what you'd be doing to
Yourselves -- you'd be killing each other if there were no police! But the
Reality is the police become necessary in human society only at that junction
In human society where it is split between those who have and those who ain't got"

I love that quote, because it's so damn true. A few years ago I remember reading about how the idea of policing came to be was when the church wanted to protect their assets from the poor.. and when I was living in West Palm Beach, FL.. which is a pretty wealthy area, I seen just how true that quote was. The not as wealthy areas had little to no police, tons of fast food joints, liquor stores and gas stations with liquor on every block.. the nicer areas had wealth and COPS.

I don't particularly hate all cops, I just can't stand what their role in society stands for.

Anyways, If you haven't seen this documentary, I'd recommend watching it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry we see things differently my encounters have been good with them...plus like I said 2 women in my fam were saved by cops...one from rape and possibly murder and the other from murder. I'm not trying to change your opinion I'm not into...anyways this is obviously the wrong thread for me...take care guys

:whoa: I'm not saying all cops are bad. Majority of them try to do a good job. But because they're figures of authority, there's a higher standard for all of them.