Consumer Reports throws Microsoft in the bushes.

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy

Consumer Reports is pulling its recommendation of four Microsoft laptops after one of its surveys found that users were complaining about problems with the devices.

The consumer advocacy group said Thursday that it can no longer recommend Microsoft laptops or tablets because of poor reliability compared to other brands. Microsoft said the findings don't accurately reflect Surface owners' "true experiences."

The consumer group says Microsoft machines have performed well in laboratory testing. But a subscriber survey found start-up and freezing problems. The devices losing their "recommended" status are the Surface Laptop (128GB and 256GB versions) and Surface Book (128GB and 512GB versions).

Consumers Reports pulls Microsoft laptop recommendation

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
honestly "start-up and freezing problems" are mostly the fault of the user. unless these issues come up straight out the box

there's really not much of a difference between the MS, and other Windows laptops. unless we're talking about shyt like battery life, or hardware physically breaking

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
honestly "start-up and freezing problems" are mostly the fault of the user. unless these issues come up straight out the box

there's really not much of a difference between the MS, and other Windows laptops. unless we're talking about shyt like battery life, or hardware physically breaking

SOUNDS LIKE MICROSOFT DIDN'T CUT THE CHECK.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They need to kill themselves for not allowing windows 7 to work with these new processors

Jist to push windows 10
That's why I stopped fukking with Microsoft they love abandoning products.

Have no reliability...

I'm glad I copped this second used Macbook pro. I almost went for a surface too. Was thinking of giving them another shot

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I'm a MacBook Pro or nothing guy 100% but these results are not accurate. The new Surface Pros are good pieces of hardware. Start up and freezing problems are almost never hardware or operating system related.

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
I'm a MacBook Pro or nothing guy 100% but these results are not accurate. The new Surface Pros are good pieces of hardware. Start up and freezing problems are almost never hardware or operating system related.
Windows 10 is a POS and the fact you can't downgrade to windows 7 with these new hardware just shows how crappy MS is getting.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Windows 10 is a POS and the fact you can't downgrade to windows 7 with these new hardware just shows how crappy MS is getting.
Windows 10 is fine, this idea that it's not a good OS is all perception and people fighting change.

The point of preventing anyone, especially businesses, from down grading to 7 is because of security. Everyone jumped on the b*tch and moan wagon when EternalBlue and WanaCrypt were released to the wild. it was neither MS or the NSA's fault that so many machines were unpatched but they caught the blame for it. It's these types of things that are going to cause everyone to be forcibly moved off of a insecure platform that is no longer supported officially by MS.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I'm not surprised seeing as they cut corners with xbox hardware. If a company has 1 product with poor build quality then it's likely like that across-the-board. Microsoft are terrible at hardware. If you bought an xbox 360 first two years it was on the market you had to replace it to upgrade that shytty 20gb hd. We not gonna even mention the RROD fiasco. Early xbox owners were also ripped off. The whole kinnect debacle gimped them, then they release an SD model with slightly Moore power. So you'd have to upgrade if you wanted the little more power and a 4K blue ray player. They suck at making games so they try to get their user base to buy as much hardware as possible to get revenue. Sad they can't even do that right.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm not surprised seeing as they cut corners with xbox hardware. If a company has 1 product with poor build quality then it's likely like that across-the-board. Microsoft are terrible at hardware. If you bought an xbox 360 first two years it was on the market you had to replace it to upgrade that shytty 20gb hd. We not gonna even mention the RROD fiasco. Early xbox owners were also ripped off. The whole kinnect debacle gimped them, then they release an SD model with slightly Moore power. So you'd have to upgrade if you wanted the little more power and a 4K blue ray player. They suck at making games so they try to get their user base to buy as much hardware as possible to get revenue. Sad they can't even do that right.
What a horribly inaccurate post :mjlol: