Conan O'Brienhausen

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All Elite Wrestling superstar Danhausen and comedian Ron Funches are developing an animated project with Conan O'Brien.

The untitled project was announced on Funches' Twitter page as the Loot star and the very evil, very nice wrestler have been developing it for the past six months. The duo, along with O'Brien, are seeking fan support to get their animated project in front of the major networks. While details about the project are not yet known, a cartoon could just be another step for the popular AEW star to make lots of monies and rule the world.

For the past 6 months I’ve been working on a cartoon with @DanhausenAD & @TeamCoco. If you think that is a good idea please retweet and tag a network. We need all the positive energy we can get! pic.twitter.com/eHCGKOFXX6 — Funches is at Brea Improv Sept 8 (@RonFunches) September 7, 2022

Formerly a part of the Ring of Honor roster, Danhausen has been a beloved independent wrestling sensation since he debuted in 2019. Describing himself as "Conan O'Brien cursed as a demon," Danhausen's appeal transcended ROH with his "Danhausen Coffeehausen" brand from Rootless Coffee Co. in Flint, Michigan, and his retro action figure from Zombie Sailor Toys' Heels and Faces line. In 2021, Danhausen met O'Brien when he guested on the late-night host's podcast Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend. His popularity extended to the comic book world when he landed on the variant cover of Image Comics' Commanders in Crisis #10 in 2021.

In 2022, Danhausen was released from his ROH contract and made his debut in Tony Khan's AEW during a special episode of AEW Dynamite called Beach Break, where he "cursed" Adam Cole during a match against Orange Cassidy. He was loosely associated with Cassidy and the Best Friends and briefly formed the tag team Hookhausen with AEW sensation Hook. Additionally, Danhausen runs his "Vloghausen," where he visits various comic shops and vintage toy stores across the country. One latest installment had him visit the Comic Pop Collectibles booth at C2E2 in Chicago, where he forced the Second City Saint himself, CM Punk, to purchase expensive comics as penance for "stealing" his finishing move.

Funches started doing standup in Portland, Oregon, before moving to Los Angeles in 2012. He worked as a writer on The Eric Andre Show and Comedy Central's The Half Hour before landing voice roles on the animated series BoJack Horseman, The Adventures of Puss in Boots, and Adventure Time. In 2020, Funches played the voice of Ron, Lenwood High's assistant basketball coach, on the Netflix animated series Hoops which lasted one season.

Danhausen, Funches and O'Brien's untitled animated project does not have a network or a release date.

Not a fan of dude, but he had some funny moments in his promos (at least is ROH stuff. Cant' say much about his AEW promos). Good for him. Let the angry fingers roll. :heh:

Side note, didn't even know he was on Conan's podcast and I sub to it. :dwillhuh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I can't speak on his wrestling since most of his ROH stuff I saw was tags, but dude is showing he doesn't even need to wrestle to get exposure because he has a character going for him.

Theres this video that kinda breaks down his origin and history up to 2020 that I thought was interesting and it showed, he was basically snug indie wrestler type that originally came with a Malakai/Balor type of asthetic but had to switch it up cause it was generic in the scene. But it shows he can definetly wrestle. Thats why I was kinda looking forward to him vs Hook cause it would have had his comedic build and then ended being like a proper slugfest if they wanted.