Computer experts hook me up

Reihgn

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to build a gaming computer, preferrably a laptop. Any tips before I start looking into stuff? I'm assuming the most expensive part is not necessarily the best but how do I tell what is?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
what's your budget breh? I don't recommend gaming on a laptop. You can got much farther with a desktop PC for gaming.

Reihgn

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's your budget breh? I don't recommend gaming on a laptop. You can got much farther with a desktop PC for gaming.
No real Budget limit, also yea I know desktops are better but I hate having my stuff in one place

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Last edited:

Audible101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Göteborg, Sverige
Trust me from personal experience do not get a laptop, as your main computer to game on. I had a 'gaming' notebook, and the mainboard died like 2 years after i bought it. Thing is laptops just are not big enough to move all that heat from the GPU efficiently. By the time i was done gaming for the night the temperature on it was like faking 70c or something.

Of course this only applies to intense games, being run 6+hours continually. For more casual gaming good brands are MSI Asus. Anything with a Nvidia GT750m is more than enough for light gaming.

Reihgn

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust me from personal experience do not get a laptop, as your main computer to game on. I had a 'gaming' notebook, and the mainboard died like 2 years after i bought it. Thing is laptops just are not big enough to move all that heat from the GPU efficiently. By the time i was done gaming for the night the temperature on it was like faking 70c or something.

Of course this only applies to intense games, being run 6+hours continually. For more casual gaming good brands are MSI Asus. Anything with a Nvidia GT750m is more than enough for light gaming.
Yea i forgot about that heat problem, does that mean alienware's aren't all that great as a laptop too?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
if you dont care about super high settings then a laptop is cool. i gamed for 2 years on a $900 toshiba satellite just fine before i got my macbook in february 2012

my macbook performs even better heat and all

out of the joints mentioned id hop on that samsung quick

Audible101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Göteborg, Sverige
Yea i forgot about that heat problem, does that mean alienware's aren't all that great as a laptop too?

I never owned one nor have i read any reviews on it. So i can't give a recommendation for, or against it . But for from what little i have read, they are overpriced. Basically apple of the gaming laptops.

If you want something on small budget look up Sager, or Force (The new lenovo y500 are dope as fk.). If you can afford more then look for top model MSI or ASUS.