Competitor drowns at Crossfit games

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Dunno if having the swimming portion of an endurance event at the very end is a good idea.
Some ppl who does triathlon said they do it in a specific order because the risk of cramping is real in water.
Hell their GOAT crossfit athlete almost drown. Damn

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's so fukking sad.

Genuine question, my bad if it's stupid. I'm not an expert swimmer at all but generally if there aren't bad waves/current, and if I feel exhaustion I usually turn on my back and float to conserve energy. Does cf have waves/currents?

I get that the guy was trying to win, but I know if I feel close to dying or cramping I'd just try to float....

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's so fukking sad.

Genuine question, my bad if it's stupid. I'm not an expert swimmer at all but generally if there aren't bad waves/current, and if I feel exhaustion I usually turn on my back and float to conserve energy. Does cf have waves/currents?

I get that the guy was trying to win, but I know if I feel close to dying or cramping I'd just try to float....
You right he got to focused on winning or he had a cramp and wanted to keep going and his leg gave out completely. It should have stopped in the water and used his toes and arms.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
You right he got to focused on winning or he had a cramp and wanted to keep going and his leg gave out completely. It should have stopped in the water and used his toes and arms.
Yep that's one reason a lot of triathlons put swimming cycling and running in that order. Calves or something gonna cramp up after the long run and cycling when swimming. Its legit exhausting. Even more so when it isn't ones specialty