Commercial gyms that accept cash upfront.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Planning on going back to the gym but due to past experience with cancellation and credit card hassles, I ain't trying to give out my info like that.

There aren't any mom and pop joints where I stay. Those type of gyms always accept cash.

I plan to pay for a year upfront and whatever fees just to avoid giving out my banking info.

Anybody got any experience with paying cash at commercial gyms?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
most local chains seem to be decent when dealing with cancellations (im assuming thats what youre talking about).

Read yelp reviews...you'll get an idea of which gyms be on that bullshyt.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
PF withdraws from your Checking Acct only :scust:

See if you have a Richie's Gym location around u. They can do cash, and there's no yearly.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
PF withdraws from your Checking Acct only :scust:

See if you have a Richie's Gym location around u. They can do cash, and there's no yearly.

Richie's was my spot back in NY... I went to the one off Bushwick Ave. Loved it there. Only problem was that it would be mad crowded at nights during the week; I had to resort to getting up and going in the AM before work.

Last time I went around the old hood I saw that there's a Planet Fitness on Broadway; I wonder if that put any dent in Richie's business.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just discuss cancellation up front. A lot of gyms have changed with the times, you may pay a slightly higher monthly fee to not have a contract, but most the chain gyms out here are contract free now. Just pay first and last upon joining and give 14-30 days notice to cancel, no fees, no contract to ride out, etc

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just talked to anytime fitness.

They told me $515 for 1 year. That includes activation and fob key fees. No contract.

That shyt is steep but it's literally across the street from me and it's brand new.

What y'all think? That shyt worth the price?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

They told me $515 for 1 year. That includes activation and fob key fees. No contract.

That shyt is steep but it's literally across the street from me and it's brand new.

Not too bad imo. Especially when you factor in convenience

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

not bad, i think $30-70/month is a reasonable price for a gym, yours works out to ~$43/month, not bad at all

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

How big is the gym? I have an Anytime Fitness not far from me that I was a member of, and it was SMALL, hardly any equipment (mainly cause stuff would break and they'd take forever to fix it). I could go there at midnight and there would still be too many people there for me to do what I wanted and get out. That kind of ruined the perceived convenience factor. But I've also seen some that was a good size

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

/thread. Going to the gym is half the battle. The closer the better. My current gym is a 3 min walk from my office. There's also another one that's a 15 min bike ride from my house.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
How big is the gym? I have an Anytime Fitness not far from me that I was a member of, and it was SMALL, hardly any equipment (mainly cause stuff would break and they'd take forever to fix it). I could go there at midnight and there would still be too many people there for me to do what I wanted and get out. That kind of ruined the perceived convenience factor. But I've also seen some that was a good size

It's a pretty decent size. Not too big and not too small. I would say the same size of a regular Applebee's restaurant. They just opened up a few months ago, everything is brand new and isn't crowded at all.

There's a planet fitness in a plaza next door and seems like everyone goes there since it's cheaper. fukk PF tho. I'm trying to deadlift with chalk. I'm sure chalk ain't allowed in that place.