Coming To America: Was Akeem a simp?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I'm watching Coming To America.
Classic comedy. One of the greats.

But then I kinda started to compare Darryl with Prince Akeem.

Was Akeem a simp?
Was Darryl right?

:patrice:

0waR8g8.jpg

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Akeem couldn't be a simp because he was unaware of Western culture...plus, he had sex slaves and shyt for decades and was tired of that shyt; he wanted a 3D woman to enjoy, not some robotic servant. Dude was far from a simp and Darryl is the type of elite a$$hole that talks outta their ass

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
No. Akeem just wanted a chick who wasn't gonna obey his every command. Plus she ending up falling for Akeem the fast good employee, not the Prince. Lisa was a keeper. However I'm sure our more militant members will have something to say about him dropping that dark skinned chick for a light skin one :biztho:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Ain't taking anything Daryl says seriously with them SuperDuperChemicals in his hair. No way it isn't doing things to his brain. Mental illness on the horizon. Dementia is the diagnosis.

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
Dumb nikka

That bytch was lying to that nikka, talking about I like u akeem if u was poor, I dont care about your money.

But at that end they was back at the kingdom and he said we can give this up.. that bytch was quick to say nah nikka..

fukk arousing my intellect, aroused my dikk.