comedian Jay Thomas has passed

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, I know your first response is WHO?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/entertainment/jay-thomas-dead/index.html

"Jay Thomas was one of the funniest and kindest men I have had the honor to call both client and friend for 25 years plus. He will be dearly missed by so many," Estey said in a statement to CNN.
In addition to his work on TV, many know Thomas from his annual holiday season appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman," where he'd retell what Letterman once called "the greatest talk show story of all time."
The colorful anecdote involved Thomas giving a ride to a costumed Clayton Moore, star of TV's "The Lone Ranger," and getting involved in a minor car crash that escalated into more.
"I loved Jay," Letterman told CNN in a statement. "His Lone Ranger story was the best I heard in 30 years. Plus, nobody could throw a football like Jay. Maybe Tina Fey, maybe. My heart goes out to his family."
He first told the story in 1998 and returned almost every year to tell it again until Letterman retired. In 2013, John McEnroe filled in for Thomas, who was recovering from surgery.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
He had the funniest show on SiriusXM. I learned so much about the business of Hollywood from him. His stories were the best:mjcry:
He used to read his residual check amounts from all his movies and shows live on the air:mjlol:
Dude was on Cheers, Mork & Mindy, Murphy Brown, Mr. Holland's Opus. He was the Easter Bunny in those Tim Allen Santa Claus movies and told a story about when Tim received a syndication check for $95 Million for "Home Improvement":wow:

Last edited:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He had the funniest show on SiriusXM. I learned so much about the business of Hollywood from him. His stories were the best:mjcry:
He used to read his residual check amounts from all his movies and shows live on the air:mjlol:
Dude was on Cheers, Mork & Mindy, Murphy Brown, Mr. Holland's Opus. He was the Easter Bunny in those Tim Allen Santa Claus movies and told a story about when Tim received a syndication check for $95 Million for "Home Improvement":wow:
:ohhh: