College Admissions process murkier after the end of Affirmative Action: plus ADOS legacy admission?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You got what you wished for aapi go run up on ed Blum and blame him for it!!!:ufdup::mjlol: we told you affirmative action wasnt for black folks but yall aint listen :manny:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Most Asians supported Affirmative Action. White Supremacists like Edward Blum recruited a few Asians to be the face of his movement because he thought the optics were better. Asians who oppose Affirmative Action exist and they're loud, but they're in the minority.

Where's the data that supports the claim that "most" Asians support Affirmative Action for college admissions?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So 68% of Americans believe AA should have ended. Truly bothsides because that's more then just conservatives.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
OK so what's the solution besides acting like a woman about it

You lied about the facts and called me ignorant, then called me a liar after I corrected you, and when I factually proved that you had no idea what you were talking about, you try to insult me?

The obvious solution is to vote for presidents and senators who will pick better justices. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, and Trump are the entire reason that any of those lawsuits were won. Do you have a problem with that strategy?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

They support it but it's not 70% anymore

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So 68% of Americans believe AA should have ended. Truly bothsides because that's more then just conservatives.

How can it be "both sides" when the White House was officially defending AA in court and all the Democrat-appointed justices voted to keep it in place? :what:

That particular poll you're quoting claimed that 52% of Black Americans supported ending Affirmative Action. So if you believe the poll, then Democrats were literally defending AA harder than Black Americans were. But "both sides", right?

A different, earlier poll showed that only 25% of Black Americans supported the Supreme Court decision to end Affirmative Action. That same poll said 26% of Democrats supported ending Affirmative Action, compared to 75% of Republicans and 58% of independents. So the Democrats and Black voters were literally in lock step on the issue.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

volleyball
jazz musician
SAT multiple choice
maths clubs
"personal rating"

:what:
bred to conform and live a life where life == work.

go america !!!
:mjlol:
:hubie:

why not limit applications (money$$$) and remove the morons in admin and instead let the subject matter experts approve the admissions.

why not have national standards in school exams.

the EU has pan european standards Bologna Process - Wikipedia .

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How can it be "both sides" when the White House was officially defending AA in court and all the Democrat-appointed justices voted to keep it in place? :what:

That particular poll you're quoting claimed that 52% of Black Americans supported ending Affirmative Action. So if you believe the poll, then Democrats were literally defending AA harder than Black Americans were. But "both sides", right?

A different, earlier poll showed that only 25% of Black Americans supported the Supreme Court decision to end Affirmative Action. That same poll said 26% of Democrats supported ending Affirmative Action, compared to 75% of Republicans and 58% of independents. So the Democrats and Black voters were literally in lock step on the issue.

I was just going the gallop poll in the OP which said 68% of Americans supported ending AA.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was just going the gallop poll in the OP which said 68% of Americans supported ending AA.

I know - and that Gallup poll claims that the majority of Black Americans support ending AA too. If you believe that poll is a legitimate reflection of who was working to end AA, then you have to blame Black people just as much as you're trying to blame Democrats.

I was pointing out that other polls taken before the actual decision was made showed very different results. And the actual Democrats in power, the people that "both sides" tellsus not to vote for, were strictly opposed to ending it.