Collateral Beauty Flops(Career Low For Will Smith)

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elsewhere, New Line and Village Roadshow's star-studded ensemble drama Collateral Beauty bombed with $7 million from 3,028 theaters in a career-worst for Will Smith.

In the $36 million film, Smith plays a successful New York advertising executive struck by tragedy who writes letters to love, time and death — and gets a response. Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Keira Knightley, Edward Norton, Michael Pena and Naomie Harris co-star in the movie, which was savaged by critics but nabbed an A- CinemaScore from audiences.

Collateral Beauty looked to serve as counterprogramming to Rogue One. Females made up nearly 60 percent of the audience, with 58 percent of all ticket buyers over the age of 35.

"The attendance was much lower than what we wanted and of course we’re disappointed," said Warner Bros. domestic distribution president Jeff Goldstein. "I’m hopeful that the older audience this was made for will turn out come Christmas Day."

Overseas, Collateral Beauty opened to $4.6 million from 16 markets, led by Mexico ($1.6 million) and Russia ($1.4 million), for a global bow of $11.6 million.

Box Office: 'Rogue One' Clears $155M in U.S. for $290.5M Global Bow; 'Collateral Beauty' Bombs

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's over

Eh. I said it in the other thread, the movie was destined to fail.

Will can easily bounce back with Bad Boys 3 and now that he's in the D.C. Universe he can pop up in any one of those films, and as he was one of two things people actually LIKED about Suicide Squad he can get the ball rolling on a Deadshot solo movie

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh. I said it in the other thread, the movie was destined to fail.

Will can easily bounce back with Bad Boys 3 and now that he's in the D.C. Universe he can pop up in any one of those films, and as he was one of two things people actually LIKED about Suicide Squad he can get the ball rolling on a Deadshot solo movie

:ehh: