Coli Fam! Who is out here earning that Commission? Get in Here!

Daps
Need some advice for my Commission earning folks.

Basically, Im in Cali at a big bank Grossing 3K a month been there for years.

I have an offer from a small bank Grossing 3-12K a month.

Here is the catch that 3-12K is all commission. I will have a base salary in the new position but it only comes into play when i dont hit Commission incentive. Base Salary is 12 Dollars an Hour.

Dilemma is leaving a solid 2200 a month after taxes for the potential of Earning 5K a month after taxes and potentially more. But i want to be realistic about the situation. It seems like an easy decision but its weighing heavy on ya boy.

This is a solicited sales position. I dont have to convince people of anything, just have loans completed/funded. And im the middle man.

What would Coli do?

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Everything else the same? Healthcare, retirement options, vacation packages, employee discounts and bonuses?

Its just straight bird-in-the-hand 3k vs ($12/hr) 2k+ commission? No other scenarios?

Daps
Healthcare is even Cheaper. 401K still in tact.

Right now I have 4 weeks Vacay -- One week I pay for out of each check.

The new spot is only 2 weeks Vacay -- But i need to be there to make money so im not really trippin on that.

Right now the commute is 30 minutes. The commute to the new spot is 1 Hour.

those are the only differences. Kind of a gamble on myself. But like i said. Im not convincing anyone to buy a product they dont believe in. Its already solicited and they are calling me to complete the process.

Another good thing is, i will be getting my MLS license. Which i dont have now. And its def something i can use in future employment if need be. It seems all on the up and up.

Im a little nervous about making 6K one month and 1K the next month. But at the same time thats still more than the 3K i was grossing in one month. I just know that 3K is always gonna be there.

Its a new concept to me. Sorry for the Essay. Feedback is appreciated tho.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I have a great base and amazing commission so I'm
tumblr_lr26qzOmK51qcscw9.gif

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
I had a commission only job for 6 years. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Google the company and find them on glassdoor.com to see what the employee and former employees are talking about.

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Insurance sales. 49K salary with commission, income can be up to $120K. I made 90k last yr without really trying. If the commission schedule is realistic then go for it. Some spots dangle the carrot in front of you but theres little chance for you to realistically capitalize in the current market

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Insurance sales. 49K salary with commission, income can be up to $120K. I made 90k last yr without really trying. If the commission schedule is realistic then go for it. Some spots dangle the carrot in front of you but theres little chance for you to realistically capitalize in the current market

Private insurance or for statefarm or something ?

Also be careful of examples they use, some places like car places which use what you are talking about (its not a salary, its called a draw) will use the best example possible, you need to see through the BS

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Private insurance or for statefarm or something ?

Also be careful of examples they use, some places like car places which use what you are talking about (its not a salary, its called a draw) will use the best example possible, you need to see through the BS

Health Insurance