Coli fam..help with job selection

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
i have to start a job with the MTA [nyc transit] as a train conductor. pay scale is ~19.50-~27.00. seems easier because all i have to do is sit in the cubicle and open doors/make announcements and whatever else we're paid to do.
on the other hand, i finally get that job i've been waiting 5 years for:stopitslime: with the DSNY [sanitation] pay scale is ~16-~33. pick up trash along the route and then whatever else.
i'm sure the unions and benefits are a wash. real difference is the paycheck, but i don't want to base my opinion solely on that

which should i choose? help

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
i have to start a job with the MTA [nyc transit] as a train conductor. pay scale is ~19.50-~27.00. seems easier because all i have to do is sit in the cubicle and open doors/make announcements and whatever else we're paid to do.
on the other hand, i finally get that job i've been waiting 5 years for:stopitslime: with the DSNY [sanitation] pay scale is ~16-~33. pick up trash along the route and then whatever else.
i'm sure the unions and benefits are a wash. real difference is the paycheck, but i don't want to base my opinion solely on that

which should i choose? help

why wouldn't u wanna base ur choice on the pay given the benefits are equal? isn't that the reason we all work? to get paid???

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
id rather be a train conductor than work sanitation imo.

sanitation you got to deal with bad weather, leaking garbage bags-- breh, youd just be a garbage man.

im surprized to hear sanitation has a 5year wait though. but then again it seems like one of those jobs, like store security, that dudes from the hood get.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I heard sanitation workers only work 3 days a week then 4 days the next week. Having 4 days off would be nice.. but its your choice.